Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 80 of 87 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast

Re: Detroit Tigers GU

Quote Originally Posted by ccmunner View Post
    What auction were the Sparky and Whitaker jerseys in?
    Chris - they were in the Paul Fusco Auction, which was terribly run. They used 3 different auction software platforms to advertise and take absentee bids, then conducted a live auction on the same items after the closing of absentee bidding. With that said, someone got a Sparky jersey for $350 and a Whitaker jersey for $250.

I would be interested in moving the Tracewski or Cuyler if anyone is interested, I collect mostly helmets but loved the look of these jerseys.

Scott
    sek122482@yahoo.com

Thanks Wes. Never heard of that one. It always kills me when I miss out on something...even if it's just seeing photos of the items. I don't need to own everything but it's nice to see what's out there.

Sek - sent u an email days ago regarding helmets I have available. No reply.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

My funds are lacking right now so I need to hold off on the helmets. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmunner View Post
    My funds are lacking right now so I need to hold off on the helmets. Thanks.
    Sorry CC; the post was meant for SEK above who expressed a desire for helmets. He has returned my email.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Re: Detroit Tigers GU looking for tigerdale

Hi

Looking for tigerdale have some super rare tiger pieces I want to show him.

Please contact me at christemsenjason5@gmail.com

Thanks
    Jason

I have been casually looking for a Sheffield jersey and stumbled upon this one yesterday locally in Tampa. It was framed and came from Sheffield's personal collection. At first it was a head scratcher because the Tigers did not wear this style in 2007 and 2008, but with a little bit of research I found a turn back the clock game that was played on June 2, 2007 where the Tigers wore these uniforms. The jersey has a few light spots of staining and a custom hem. At first the hem had me concerned but I found several examples of his jerseys being hemmed in 2007. I am very happy to add this jersey to my collection, especially since these Tigers pullover jerseys are very difficult to find!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Great pickup, Wes! I hope you are well!
    Always interested in Lance Parrish game used items. Looking for any Tigers game used jersey, game used glove, road Mariners jersey, and 94 Pirates home jersey. Contact me at john.swainer at gmail dot com

Picked up this neat jersey. 1974 Ron Leflore home jersey. I picked it up from a family member of Jimmy Karalla's. For those that don't know, Jimmy was in prison with Leflore and is credited with getting him a tryout with then Tiger's manager Billy Martin. It had been in their closet since 1976 when Leflore gave it to them. It appears the jersey may have been used through 76 spring training. The NOB appears original and unaltered but the jersey underwent a number change. The original number is 42 which makes sense since Leflore wore #42 during the 74 season. He switched to #8 in 75 which I'm assuming this jersey was worn in spring training. As we know, the Tigers were famously "thrifty" and recycled the previous years jersey for use in spring training the following year. What had me scratching my head though is there is an outline of a circular patch on the left sleeve. Which would indicate there was the Detroit version of the Bicentennial patch they wore in 76 on the jersey. So I'm not sure if the jersey was only worn in spring training in 75 and retired until spring training of 76 or worn during the 75 season as well. Regardless it is a pretty cool jersey with a neat story attached. I'm going to send it to Mr. Miedema to ensure my novice jersey examining skills are accurate.

Peace!

John
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Always interested in Lance Parrish game used items. Looking for any Tigers game used jersey, game used glove, road Mariners jersey, and 94 Pirates home jersey. Contact me at john.swainer at gmail dot com