Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 18 of 87 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Re: Detroit Tigers GU

I guess I have a Mini Tigers GU collection now.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdale View Post
    I was looking at that earlier...I honestly think its legit...but I have no fact or knowledge to back that up....just my gut feeling. He had a good description & he has sold some good tiger items over the years...
    Thanks, Dale. I appreciate your input. Probably going to pass, but like to add to my knowledge. I have seen game photos of Trammell using Worth, LVS, and Cooper. Additionally, I have a baseball card of him posing with an SSK bat. I'm sure over a 20 year MLB career he did his fair share of tinkering. I'm just not sure how comfortable I am that he used this bat in an actual game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dach0sen0ne View Post
    I guess I have a Mini Tigers GU collection now.
    awesome tiger (jackson) collection!!!
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Quote Originally Posted by mbrieve View Post
    Thanks, Dale. I appreciate your input. Probably going to pass, but like to add to my knowledge. I have seen game photos of Trammell using Worth, LVS, and Cooper. Additionally, I have a baseball card of him posing with an SSK bat. I'm sure over a 20 year MLB career he did his fair share of tinkering. I'm just not sure how comfortable I am that he used this bat in an actual game.
    I'm passing too...but if I didn't have a tram bat, for the right price I would be interested in the bat.
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

That seller's listing got me to thinking about the Tigers Dugout Store at the Old Tiger Stadium. If I remember it correctly, all proceeds from the store went to Sparky Anderson's charity.

Other things I remember from the store:

1) Alan Trammell and Cecil Fielder game used bats were displayed on the back wall behind the cash register for $150

2) Game used bats of lesser players were placed in large bins and were $25--this is where I picked up my Pete Incaviglia and Louis Whitaker bats

3) Game used/issued bats of stars from other teams in a separate bin.

No idea what else was sold in the store, but would love to hear some additional information from other Detroit area collectors. What years was it in operation? Pricing? etc. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdale View Post
    awesome tiger (jackson) collection!!!
    All collections need a starting point, maybe I'll throw in a couple of Cabrera jerseys and bats. I love the Tigers road jerseys.

Austin Jackson has a signing with DC Sports next month, in case you are interested in getting any of that geared signed:

http://www.detroitcitysports.com/ser...hsignings/Page

Austin Jackson has a signing with DC Sports next month, in case you are interested in getting any of that geared signed:

http://www.detroitcitysports.com/ser...hsignings/Page

I've been seriously debating on what to have signed.

Deivi Cruz GU Rawlings black bat - knob stamping indicates it is from 1999

I always have a soft spot for Tigers' shortstops and he held that position for five seasons (holding that position the longest since Trammell). Also, like the fact that he was the starting shortstop at the last game at Tiger Stadium.

That seller's listing got me to thinking about the Tigers Dugout Store at the Old Tiger Stadium. If I remember it correctly, all proceeds from the store went to Sparky Anderson's charity.

Other things I remember from the store:

1) Alan Trammell and Cecil Fielder game used bats were displayed on the back wall behind the cash register for $150

2) Game used bats of lesser players were placed in large bins and were $25--this is where I picked up my Pete Incaviglia and Louis Whitaker bats

3) Game used/issued bats of stars from other teams in a separate bin.

No idea what else was sold in the store, but would love to hear some additional information from other Detroit area collectors. What years was it in operation? Pricing? etc. Thanks!
    Those are great memories....I remember my first two bats I bought there, Rich Rowland & Shawn Hare...then the store moved into the 'tiger plaza' area when that was added on to the stadium. The tigers had an 'authentics' area..I still have a couple framed photos, 16x20 size I think..of Easley & Matt Anderson that say tiger authentics along the bottom (I waited until they blew these out to buy them). I also picked up a Tram & Whitaker bats there, seems both were 25 or 50 at the time. You'd see hats & helmets from time to time....great memories.
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net