Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Do these 1970's football jerseys look to be authentic? (Bradshaw and Staubach)

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard
    Stains and obvious signs of wear add value. If you can "photo-match" the Bradshaw, then you're looking at $5,000-$7,000+... Can you post photos of the Musial in a separate thread? What else was in the lot? With all due respect, this sounds like a joke! What connections in the sportsworld does your source have?
    If I bought 5 jerseys for a price based on them being store bought, then if one of the 5 jerseys was used in any way by the player then I made a good deal. The people who sold me the jerseys seem to be very nice people who seemed to think the players may have actually used them, or they were store bought. Not a joke which I have caught on to at least. The Staubach may be worn. What are the values for the "doctored" jerseys? If they are store models, wont they have a value?

Re: Do these 1970's football jerseys look to be authentic? (Bradshaw and Staubach)

Quote Originally Posted by apujols04
    If I bought 5 jerseys for a price based on them being store bought, then if one of the 5 jerseys was used in any way by the player then I made a good deal. The people who sold me the jerseys seem to be very nice people who seemed to think the players may have actually used them, or they were store bought. Not a joke which I have caught on to at least. The Staubach may be worn. What are the values for the "doctored" jerseys? If they are store models, wont they have a value?
    Yes, store bought jerseys have value, however, if someone "doctored" them up to look worn and they get in the wrong hands, could cost some unwitting collector a lot of money if they were to purchase them as game worn...

Quote Originally Posted by hof89
    Yes, store bought jerseys have value, however, if someone "doctored" them up to look worn and they get in the wrong hands, could cost some unwitting collector a lot of money if they were to purchase them as game worn...
    are my jerseys tagged correctly for a store bought jersey? or do they appear to have been doctored to fool people? Please give me a value range for my jerseys if they are likely store bought, and not doctored.

Stains and obvious signs of wear add value. If you can "photo-match" the Bradshaw, then you're looking at $5,000-$7,000+... Can you post photos of the Musial in a separate thread? What else was in the lot? With all due respect, this sounds like a joke! What connections in the sportsworld does your source have?
    my sources only connections are supposedly being in a collection from the early 80's--before many cared. did people doctor jerseys in the early eighties often?

Quote Originally Posted by apujols04
    my sources only connections are supposedly being in a collection from the early 80's--before many cared. did people doctor jerseys in the early eighties often?
    As long as money could be made, I'm sure there have been people making up game used items. Again, I would like to see full front and back photos...this will help...

musial photos have been posted as requested. i thill don't know what you mean by: Is this a joke?