Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do these 1970's football jerseys look to be authentic? (Bradshaw and Staubach)

Here are the pics I promised. Any input on these items would be greatly appreciated.

Name:  bradshaw1.JPG
Views: 392
Size:  28.3 KB

Name:  bradshaw2.JPG
Views: 384
Size:  27.4 KB

Name:  bradshaw3.JPG
Views: 425
Size:  36.1 KB

Name:  rsatubach2.JPG
Views: 386
Size:  28.7 KB

Name:  rstaubach3.JPG
Views: 469
Size:  31.1 KB

Please let me know what you experts think about these 2 jerseys. I guess the Unitas jersey is no good. What are the value of these if they were/are store models. Either way they are vintage and nice to look at.

Re: Do these 1970's football jerseys look to be authentic? (Bradshaw and Staubach)

WOW!
    From the photos, the Staubach and Bradshaw look as good as gold! If the source is good...then you have two Hall-of-fame relics! Where did you get them? The tagging is correct on BOTH.

Re: Do these 1970's football jerseys look to be authentic? (Bradshaw and Staubach)

The Bradshaw jersey doesn't look right although the numerals and fonts are correct. The Staubach jersey has the best shot of all 3 of being real but hard to determine with only pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie J. Gernay
    The Bradshaw jersey doesn't look right although the numerals and fonts are correct. The Staubach jersey has the best shot of all 3 of being real but hard to determine with only pictures.
    Bernie, What is suspicious on the bradshaw?

Also...regarding the other question....I was sold these jerseys by someone who said that the person who left the jerseys to them would have wanted somebody who was younger and appreciated the jerseys to have them. Thats really all there is to it. There is also a sweet Musial jersey in the lot of jerseys I purchased. i really don't ever want to have to sell any of these. I have no idea which ones are real and which ones aren't but they all lit my eyes up when I saw them. Nothing like a vintage jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard
    WOW!
    From the photos, the Staubach and Bradshaw look as good as gold! If the source is good...then you have two Hall-of-fame relics! Where did you get them? The tagging is correct on BOTH.
    Thanks! I am very happy to have these jerseys. What do you think about the wear on the Bradshaw jersey? Does it add value? Also, do you think I will be able to find a photo or video match with all those stains?

I agree about the Bradshaw being "off"...#'s too far apart and as always, ton incorrect Steeler gamer, the nameplate is wrong....

Stains and obvious signs of wear add value. If you can "photo-match" the Bradshaw, then you're looking at $5,000-$7,000+... Can you post photos of the Musial in a separate thread? What else was in the lot? With all due respect, this sounds like a joke! What connections in the sportsworld does your source have?

Quote Originally Posted by hof89
    I agree about the Bradshaw being "off"...#'s too far apart and as always, ton incorrect Steeler gamer, the nameplate is wrong....
    Nameplate looks perfect to me...what am I missing?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Can I see a close up of the nameplate? Also a shot of the sleeves? This will help...thanks...

The Steelers jerseys from that era normally are dual tagged. Are there signs of another tag that may have been there above the one shown? Keep in mind that there are a TON of '78 year tagged Steelers "game used" jerseys floating around. Not only Bradshaw but many others as well.