Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Variety of memorabilia -- not just Cardinals!

I recently bought a collection locally that had a variety of items, mostly Cardinals-related and generally from the 1980s – but there are several non-Cardinals items, too. I’ve kept what I want and am selling the rest to pay for my All-Star Game ticket and autograph show tickets (it’s going to be a long and expensive weekend). Click on each item to see photos. Let’s start with the non-Cardinals items:
    • Detroit Tigers wristbands, circa mid- to late-‘80s. I assume these also were made by Saranac because they have the same team-logo-in-a-triangle style. Two orange, one gray and one navy. Players unknown (photos of players wearing wristbands are for illustration only – I’m not suggesting these were worn by those particular players). $20
    • Seattle Pilots cap made by Cap Twins Enterprises. 100% wool replica with the correct design, not the stylized disaster currently made by Cooperstown. Mint condition with leather band. Size 6 7/8. I’ll also throw in a 1969 Pilots team photo (8 x 10). $40.
    • Roger Maris fielding glove. Made by Spalding, it’s a trap pocket style. Tag is intact, piping is in good condition, stampings are bold and readable. Definitely shows wear and aging, but in nice shape. The leather string connecting the fingers has been replaced. The only similar glove I found on the Internet sold for $75 and it was in much worse shape. $50.
    • Cal Ripken autographed photo. Color 8 x 10 shows a very young Ripken. I’m not an expert on his signature, but I’m guessing this is an early career autograph. (Glare/scratches on photo is from the protective sleeve.) $100.
    Now the Cardinals stuff:
    • Batting glove made by Louisville Slugger. Has a faded #1 on the strap. Given the nature and age of this collection, I’m assuming this was worn by Ozzie Smith. I was able to find a photo of Ozzie (1988 baseball card, likely shot in 1987) that shows him wearing a similar style LS glove. Size medium. Has a small hole worn through the palm. $100.
    • Batting glove made by Franklin. Has a #28 on the strap. Given the nature and age of this collection, I’m assuming this was worn by Tom Herr. Size large. $40.
    • Cardinals game-used cap. #3 on the underbill. Player unknown, but this style was worn from 1978 until 1991, I believe (not sure when the MLB logo appeared on the back of caps). Likely worn by the late, great catching coach Dave Ricketts in the 1980s. Outside chance it was worn by Whitey Herzog in 1980. $40
    • Curt Flood autographed photo. Color 8 x 10 taken in the mid 1960s. Tough autograph to find these days. (Glare/scratches on photo is from the protective sleeve.) $125.
    Buyer pays actual shipping w/delivery confirmation. Just send me your address and I’ll use the USPS Web site to calculate postage.

Thanks!

Re: Variety of memorabilia -- not just Cardinals!

On second thought, the Cardinals batting glove with #28 on the band is equally as likely (if not more likely) to have been worn by Pedro Guerrero as Tom Herr. I couldn't style match it, but I did find a shot of Pedro from '92 wearing a Franklin glove with his number on the band. Herr left the Cards after '87 and Pedro joined in '88.