Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Did anyone win anything from the Steiner Auction?

I am not aware of the Cowboys using any marks to identify game used. I have several and none of them are marked in any way. My game used look and smell game used -- they have dirt, turf burns, holes, field paint and body odors that issued jerseys do not have.

My issued jerseys are bright and clean with no odors. It was nice when you could look up the Prova chip number to verify game issued vs game used. There is a seller on EBAY that has been mentioned on this forum that lists all his Cowboys jerseys as game used/worn and most are issued. He is a frequent buyer from Steiner and resells on EBAY with very inflated prices. Susie Q

Yes, I am aware of that guy. There was a jersey that I really wanted but I had to get on an airplane and when I landed, I had lost it. The jersey is forsale on Ebay for almost 3 times what he won it for. He has those jerseys for sale and they haven't even shipped yet...

Quote Originally Posted by hockeytigers View Post
    I was told that the equipment mgr writes a W on the jerseys that have been worn in a game...anyone else know if this is true?
    Hmm... that is interesting. Like I said, I've got a 2004 & 2005 gu Giants jersey and neither of them have anything written on the tag or anywhere. The 2005 I've photomatched, so I know for sure that is game worn, but the 2004 I have yet to be able to find a match for. There are team repairs, TONS of pulled threads, some un-repaired holes, etc so I'm fairly confident that it is also game worn. Plus, both of them came directly from the Giants w/Giants LOA.

I wonder if that's something that they do every now and then, but not all the time?? I don't see why they would do that, but it's obvious that they don't do it to every jersey.

Anybody else have an opinion on this? I know it's OT from the original thread so if somebody thinks we should start a new thread, we can do that.

-Brian

btw... member: cns1 has quite a few gu Giants jerseys I know. Maybe if you contacted him he'd have some more information.

-Brian

I have a few recent game used Giants jerseys, purchased from the Giants, and I don't think any have a "W" on them.

-Chris

The jersey that I have is from MeiGray. It also has dirt stains on it. Maybe it is something that was done for MeiGray. It is something that I never thought about...just assumed all game worn jerseys from the Giants have the W on it...

Quote Originally Posted by hockeytigers View Post
    Yes, I am aware of that guy. There was a jersey that I really wanted but I had to get on an airplane and when I landed, I had lost it. The jersey is forsale on Ebay for almost 3 times what he won it for. He has those jerseys for sale and they haven't even shipped yet...

Its funny how the jerseys that were listed by Steiner as "issued", are now on ebay listed as "game used / worn" and they don't mention the steiner loa. the jerseys that were listed by steiner as "game used" , mention the steiner loa. not making any accusations, just noticed this on his listings. also, his prices are more than steiners and he doesnt seem to sell many of them.

I bought one of his "game used/worn" jerseys that turned out to be an issued one. I was able to check the prova id when the site was still working. I have been watching him pick up issued jerseys from big name players and list them on EBAY as game used/worn for inflated prices. He is not a very honest seller -too bad the prova site is no longer working or he would get caught doing this -with the site nonfunctional it allows him to be the dishonest seller that he is . Susie Q

Quote Originally Posted by short84 View Post
    I bought one of his "game used/worn" jerseys that turned out to be an issued one. I was able to check the prova id when the site was still working. I have been watching him pick up issued jerseys from big name players and list them on EBAY as game used/worn for inflated prices. He is not a very honest seller -too bad the prova site is no longer working or he would get caught doing this -with the site nonfunctional it allows him to be the dishonest seller that he is . Susie Q
    Actually when the Prova site was working that didn't stop him either. I was interested in a few jerseys he had and emailed him for the Prova #'s. When I looked them up they said issued to team or something like that with no dates shown. I emailed him and told him basically if there aren't any games/dates listed showing when the jersey was worn it wasn't game worn. His response? If anything has a Prova tag no matter what it says as far as he's concerned it's a game worn jersey.

Last time I looked (it was awhile ago) I would say 80%-90% of the jerseys he was selling as game used were game issued. I emailed him a few times about various jerseys telling him they weren't game used and his response is always basically if you want it buy it if not don't.

He has outbid me on a few auctions and usually has them listed on ebay within hours of the auction closing for 3 times what he got them for or more.

Other than all that he seems like an honest seller
    Always looking for anything Cowboys Game Used

Lots of new items being listed hourly with low starting bids. Good luck finding good deals on game used jerseys .