Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: June Pick Ups

Re: June Pick Ups

I just picked up an Eric Metcalf 2001 GU Jersey which was originally obtained through Gridiron exchange. It has not arrived yet but here are some pics.

Eric Metcalf GU 2001 Redskins Jersey

Mark Derosa GU Jackie Robinson Day Jersey
    Derosa went 1-5 with a run and RBI.

Greg, Sorry if there are some of my fingerprints on your DeRosa jersey, I walked around with it at the team shop deciding whether to buy that jersey or the garko bat that I did buy, anyway I'm glad it went to a forum member that I know will enjoy it as much as i would have. Congrats on the nice pick up.

Andy, thanks for the kind words. I stand corrected that I just picked up a Mark DeRosa/Andy Smith GU jersey!

Quote Originally Posted by dcgreg25 View Post
    Andy, thanks for the kind words. I stand corrected that I just picked up a Mark DeRosa/Andy Smith GU jersey!
    Very cool pickup on the DeRosa jersey.... I was lucky to have DeRosa sign my 2008 Cubs GU jersey this past weekend when he made his return to Chicago.

If you are ever looking to move the jersey, or if you run across another DeRosa gamer in the Indians store, please let me know.

Mike

Gotta post one for the football guys....1996 John Randle that I "STOLE" off of Ebay for less than a pair of tennis shoes. Shows tons of wear with 4 repairs and has blood stains on the back numbers and is autographed. No other defensive tackle in the history of modern football has more sacks than Randle(136.5).

Quote Originally Posted by vonbrandingo View Post
    My first Edgar Martinez bat arrived this morning. It's a LVS M356 from 2000 with a slight crack and shows tons of use in the form of multiple ball marks and blue ink transfers, cleat marks, and ball stitch and donut impressions. Also has heavy pine tar with some amber drip clusters on the mid-upper handle. Auto'd and inscribed "gamer."

Nice bat! I'm alway surpised when I see a bat handle showing so much use like this one, yet the barrel doesn't. I would think the barrel would also show many ball marks and use.

Thoughts?

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Nice bat! I'm alway surpised when I see a bat handle showing so much use like this one, yet the barrel doesn't. I would think the barrel would also show many ball marks and use.

Thoughts?

Tony
    Tony,

Here is info I received from Brian when I asked him a similar question about a Tino bat I have:

Tino and Posada received what we called the epoxy finish. If you have ever seen our Composite wood bat, it's what is on the outside of the bat without the fiberglass. It was a really hard finish but we could not control the weight that it added to the bat. We stopped making it after Edgar and Tino retired.

Oh yeah, the epoxy finish was much thicker and harder than the Smith finish. The problem was we couldn't control how much epoxy would be soaked into the wood. So to get say 12 bats that weight 31oz we were usually making 18 bats and taking the closest to the correct weight, it was very wasteful. They did order bats without finish too.

Hope that helps,
    Tom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TFig27 - NY Yankees Collector
    A. Boone - R. Cano - N. Swisher - T. Martinez - P. O'Neill - E. Hinske
    J. Damon - R. Brogna - D. Bragg - W. Upshaw - K. Farnsworth

Game Used 1997 Tony Gwynn San Diego Padres Jersey

Tony Gwynn was a 1st ballot Hall of Famer, 15-time All Star, 8-time batting champion, and 5-time Gold Glove winner. His .338 career batting average is the highest career batting average since one Ted Williams. Gwynn hit .372 in 1997, which is his second highest season batting average next to his .394 average in his 1994 strike-shortened campaign. It has the team San Diego Padres patch as well as the 1997 Jackie Robinson 50th Anniversary patch. The jersey shows pretty good use with loose stitching from multiple washings as well as a few holes near the bottom probably from Gwynn tucking the jersey in. I got this beauty from Howard Wolf. Howard, I can't thank you enough!

Just arrived in the mail today.