Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Question about 70's and 80's memorabilia

I see how it can end up going either way. My son is 9 months old now. When he's finally at the age where he understands, I want him to know about the guys that I grew up watching - from the Schmidt, Rose, Tug McGraw era to the Lenny Dykstra, John Kruk, Darren Daulton era. If I still have my collection and pass it down to my kids, I want them to appreciate that stuff as much as he would appreciate a jersey off the back of the player he just watched play the night before - but he might not.

There's no right or wrong - most of us collect because we enjoy. We collect what we like, and what we can afford. If I could afford to have a Richie Ashburn flannel hanging in my house, I would, but instead I have things that mean more to me, and things that are more in my budget - Bo Diaz Jersey, Mitch Williams Jersey, 1980 and 1993 phillies gu bats, etc.

And if the time comes where we have to sell for one reason or another, we hope that we might be able to turn a profit, but of course there are no guarantees. I'm okay with that.

Right on Daryl. Collect what you love, not what your buddy likes.

Quote Originally Posted by darylv1
    I see how it can end up going either way. My son is 9 months old now. When he's finally at the age where he understands, I want him to know about the guys that I grew up watching - from the Schmidt, Rose, Tug McGraw era to the Lenny Dykstra, John Kruk, Darren Daulton era. If I still have my collection and pass it down to my kids, I want them to appreciate that stuff as much as he would appreciate a jersey off the back of the player he just watched play the night before - but he might not.

There's no right or wrong - most of us collect because we enjoy. We collect what we like, and what we can afford. If I could afford to have a Richie Ashburn flannel hanging in my house, I would, but instead I have things that mean more to me, and things that are more in my budget - Bo Diaz Jersey, Mitch Williams Jersey, 1980 and 1993 phillies gu bats, etc.

And if the time comes where we have to sell for one reason or another, we hope that we might be able to turn a profit, but of course there are no guarantees. I'm okay with that.

Any interest in selling the Diaz Jersey?

Ryan

I actually have a 1984 home and also a warm up jersey. They are both kind of special because my family knew him personally when he played for the Phils. His son was my brother's age. I remember going to his son's birthday party, and sitting in the family room were John Denny, Kiko Garcia, and Juan Samuel.

I'm currently looking for a 1976 bicentennial Phils jersey and a 1979 maroon jersey. If one of them came along, I'd probably part with some of my collection, which would include the warmup.

Ok Cool. let me know if you are ever interested. I do know of a store in NJ that has a 76 Dick Allen, but he wants $11k. It does have all of the patches and it is in like new condition, not much game use.

Ryan

Let me guess - a certain store on rte 130 in Glouceter? I know the store well!

you got it. are you going to buy it?

Good luck and let me know how you make out.

Ryan

nope - i don't need one that bad. i've bought a lot of stuff from him in the past, and have been extremely happy with everything, but it seems that his prices have gotten a bit out of reach for me... However, he is one of only 2 people that I 100% trust as far as authenticity of items.

Who is the other?

the other is Howard Wolf.