Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: OT: Manny an All Star???

Quote Originally Posted by bigtruck260 View Post
    Suicide - some of your posts make my head hurt, but this one is entertaining...and pretty logical. Your are obviously a fan who wears emotions on his sleeve - and I can appreciate that.
    Why thank you Dave.......................I think?

The All Star game voting should be taken out of the hands of the fans.

If that's not done MLB should rename the game the People's Choice Game
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

How a player is playing so far this season should be influential, but I don't believe the All Star Game is supposed to be about who was the best player in the first half of the season. Especially considering all votes are cast even before the before the first half of the seasons ends, voter consideration of past performance should be expected and is reasonable (in my opinion).

To me, the more comical case is Rafael Palmeiro winning the 1999 Gold Glove for first base even though he played only 28 games at first. Most of the games he didn't even field (designated hitter).

Mr.3000

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    The All Star game voting should be taken out of the hands of the fans.

If that's not done MLB should rename the game the People's Choice Game

Exactly!

I also can't stand the AS game deciding home field for the WS. That's ridiculous. But then again...Bud Selig is a MORON.

I actually think playing for the home field advantage in the WS is one of the good things about the ASG. It's incentive to do well in the game and better than a coin flip (make them work for it!)
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Mr.3000

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    I actually think playing for the home field advantage in the WS is one of the good things about the ASG. It's incentive to do well in the game and better than a coin flip (make them work for it!)

I see your point.....and in todays game......with todays players....I agree.

I guess I just miss the good old days when players were proud to have been selected as an All Star, proud to represent their respective teams and they played like winners.....they didn't "opt out" or decline to play because they couldn't wear their baggy jerseys or pants or because they wanted to rest or because of a blister...etc