Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: June Pick Ups

Re: June Pick Ups

I got this on Wednesday...the first Gerardo Parra bat I've seen.

It has an elaborate tape job, a clean (now repaired) handle break, and some nasty pine tar with a bit of grass stuck in it.

Parra was just announced as the NL Rookie of the Month for May. He hit a home run his first AB in the majors, and is hitting something like .700 with runners in scoring position.

http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090604&content_id=5146190&vkey=n ews_ari&fext=.jsp&c_id=ari

This also happens to be the first American Bat Co. bat I've ever owned.

I think there is a Parra bat that was used by Dunn in the MLB.com auctions.

Quote Originally Posted by ndevlin View Post
    OH....MY.....GOODNESS. Seriously gameusedfan1, you better look into this. Looks like someone stole your jersey!!!!!!
    Did someone steal the photos from this site ! Something must be done about that. Anyone contact the mods about this?
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Quote Originally Posted by b.heagy View Post
    Did someone steal the photos from this site ! Something must be done about that. Anyone contact the mods about this?
    I think Gameusedfan1 = Vipsportgems = Sheffield11. Maybe?
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by 5kRunner View Post
    I think Gameusedfan1 = Vipsportgems = Sheffield11. Maybe?
    I think so too, and I also think it was an attempt to draw attention to items that obviously cannot be sold on this forum... These items were not picked up to be added to one's collection; they were picked up to turn a quick buck... which is not the purpose of the pickups thread. Folks like myself have $500+ items we too wish to sell here but don't because we follow the rules.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by b.heagy View Post
    My comment was a sarcastic one, sorry about that. And yes, they are all the same person. Count me out for one of his potential buyers, it aint happenin.

Quote Originally Posted by brianborsch View Post
    I think there is a Parra bat that was used by Dunn in the MLB.com auctions.
    Yeah, I just looked at that...though I'm at a loss to understand how Dunn could have used the bat in '09, as stated in the auction description, since he was only with the Diamondbacks for the latter part of '08, and Parra didn't get the call-up till this year...and why, if the bat was used in '09, the DBacks would be issuing a LOA and not the Nats.

Anyone know how to contact MLB Auctions with a question about one of their items? I've looked in vain for a link on the auction page.

Quote Originally Posted by ndevlin View Post
    OH....MY.....GOODNESS. Seriously gameusedfan1, you better look into this. Looks like someone stole your jersey!!!!!!
    LOL. I just saw that other post. That should be a good explanation.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Picked up my fifth Carlos Guillen bat. It is a Max bat and I believe it is from 2007.

I just made my first bulk purchase and did so with a few buddies. Of course the question came up why I was buying seven jerseys? I just responded that the prices were great (which they were) but really it was the opportunity to add Team USA styles that I was missing, sleeve patches, etc. The items I was most excited to add were the vest styles from 1995 & 96. Prior to this purchase I had 27 Team USA GU jerseys and had NEVER seen a vest available for sale and was able to add three. Highlights include:

1995 vest of former White Sox and Expos pitcher Rocky Biddle
    1996 vest and undershirt of coach Ray Tanner (possibly Olympic worn)
    1991 national team jersey of Steve Leshnock
    1995 vest of coach Rich Alday
    Jerseys with patches including 1994 Topps, 1997 Junior World Championships, United State Baseball Federation and "Baseball USA".
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.