Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Phils over LA

Re: Phils over LA

I think it's a matter of "anything can happen" with this series. Last night's game could have easily been 8-6 the other way. How many men did the Dodgers leave on base? I am sure they out hit the Phillies.

They both have a balanced offensive attack... Phily has better starting pitching, LA has a better bullpen.

I kind of like a series where you can't really guess the outcome.

I hope it goes 5. I hope all games are close.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Save these comments for AT LEAST after today's game!

Kershaw showed his age with 5 BB and Sherrill didn't do what he's paid to do. The Phils took advantage of 2 opps with 2 guys on and hit a pitch they could do something with. The Dodgers had way more hits and threatened several times. Phillies bullpen looks awfully shaky and the offense seemed to shut down when they had a lead. Take away either HR and it's 6-5 Dodgers.

I need to change my screen name... it was anything but the Nats in 2009.

Take Dunn and Zimmerman out of the equation and how many games back are you at the end??

Dunn will be gone after '10.

I need to change my screen name... it was anything but the Nats in 2009.[/quote]
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    Take Dunn and Zimmerman out of the equation and how many games back are you at the end??

Dunn will be gone after '10.

I need to change my screen name... it was anything but the Nats in 2009.
    [/QUOTE]

They're far from "me" or my team.... and they'd be 70-80 games out w/o those two! I unfortunately root for both the Phillies and Dodgers and just think the Dodgers should be given another game or two to show up.

I think the Phillies win in 5. I am not impressed with the Dodgers starting pitching and feel that the Phillies hitters will score more than enough runs.

A roided up Manny hittting .500 with Derrick Lowe couldn't win last year. Is this Dodgers team any better than last years? The Phillies are probably just as good as the 2008 version.

I am hoping for another parade down Broad street.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Is this Dodgers team any better than last years?

Rob
    Ethier: 09 - 31 HR / 106 RBI
    08 - 20 HR / 77 RBI

Kemp: 09 - 26 HR / 101 RBI
    08 - 18 HR / 76 RBI

Team ERA is down from 3.68 to 3.41 and BA against from .251 to .233

Pierre has played better, Blake and Loney are right there again, add Belliard, Thome, Padilla and more bullpen depth and experience = YES, they're better!

Bobby,
    It was only one game. Relax. Thome isn't done yet. He bruised his heel a few weeks back. As anyone knows, that takes forever to heal.
    He will need the off season to be 100 %. Still got more games to go....
    Roger Ward- Thomecollector
    thomecollector@verizon.net

I don't see the Angels losing, they will be the greatest story ever in the game.

Banned

Did you guys notice Cole Hamels jersey last night - especially the sleeve numbers? It looked to me like the #3 was sewn on higher and slightly on an angle in relation to the #5.

I found this image on Getty. The Majestic logo appears to be square to the sleeve stripes but the #3 looks to be at an angle.

I bring it up because it will be interesting to see if the jersey hits the market and people question the authenticity of the jersey because of the way the sleeve numbers are sewn on. Is it me?

Jim

PS: HOWARD - WHERE ARE YOU? COME BACK !!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by thomecollector View Post
    Bobby,
    It was only one game. Relax. Thome isn't done yet. He bruised his heel a few weeks back. As anyone knows, that takes forever to heal.
    He will need the off season to be 100 %. Still got more games to go....
    I don't think we'll see a long list of suitors for his services at this point, (anybody agree). He better prepare for a PAYCUT. He's one dimensional like Kong was at this point if people were to say that...

That clip you sent me of his wife being interviewed at Dodger Stadium. I didn't like the offhanded comment she made about somebody finding her husband a job. The handwritings on the wall dearie...the days of multimillions are over. Adjust.

Too harsh? Not...
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com