Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Doesn T Vick Deserve A Second Chance?

I cant believe some people think MICHAEL VICK should not be allowed to play ball again! He did his time and lost everything! I would love to see him back! I believe what drunk drivers do to be much worst, and in sports that sort of behaviour is tolerted. Just because you got lucky and didn t kill anyone while boozed up is no excuse!

Re: Doesn T Vick Deserve A Second Chance?

I totally agree.

Mr.3000

I have ZERO compassion for either Vick brother. They are, in my own opinion, thugs. I have zero tolerance for thugs. What's worse, is that they both act like privileged thugs....as if they deserver special treatment and/or are allowed to act the way they act because they have some atheltic ability.

They are not the exception these days, they are the norm when it comes to athletes coming out of Virginia.

I live in Va. I see it on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.3000 View Post
    I have ZERO compassion for either Vick brother. They are, in my own opinion, thugs. I have zero tolerance for thugs. What's worse, is that they both act like privileged thugs....as if they deserver special treatment and/or are allowed to act the way they act because they have some atheltic ability.

They are not the exception these days, they are the norm when it comes to athletes coming out of Virginia.

I live in Va. I see it on a daily basis.
    I'm with you. I have no compassion for either brother. Both have had such a long history of legal problems that there's no doubt things will continue that way. I'll never forget the issues Marcus had while at VT from bringing alcohol to three underage girls at a party, to brandishing a firearm at a McDonald's, to having sexual relations with a 15 year old girl and lastly, to stomping on Elvis Dumervil's leg during a game against Lousville. Sadly, that's only the beginning on the litany of legal problems he has faced.

On the other hand, what type of person does it take to subject animals to the type of cruelty that Michael subjected them to? All I can say about that is that what he did to those dogs was both disgusting and inhumane. Does he deserve a second chance? I don't think so and I can't say I will be pulling for him if he does come back.

Tim

Banned

Re: Doesn't T Vick Deserve A Second Chance?

So, the guy committed a crime, served his time and now he should be able to reenter society and continue his life, right?

Banned

So Mr. Vick served his time and now he seeks compassion from us and the NFL so he can return to football and make millions of dollars. What was the line in the Batman Begins movie, "Criminals thrive on the indulgence of society".

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    So, the guy committed a crime, served his time and now he should be able to reenter society and continue his life, right?
    Joel, do you have any pets? I only ask because it will put some of your opinions in perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Sure he can continue his life, but not as a high paid athlete.

michael vick broke our societies laws and served our societies punishment. those are the rules we set and voted our congressman to set. if you feel it should be a longer sentence then vote that way.

he is now a free man (probation) and if the nfl allows him, he can sign with a team and be paid accordingly. it is my right as a fan to spend my money as i see fit. if, god forbid, he signs with the browns, i will not be buying any michael vick jerseys for myself or family members. will i still support the team, yes.

nobody has mentioned i believe david little for the rams. he killed a person drunk driving and still played football. actually he was arrested recently for drunk driving AGAIN. talk about blowing a second chance. i am all for giving someone a second chance but not a third chance.

back to vick, he deserves a second chance according to our laws. he is on a very short leash (pun intended). screw up bye,bye. otherwise earn as much money as you can and pay off your creditors for bankruptcy, so the taxpayers do not have to foot that bill. raise your family and be a model citizen for the rest of your life, it can be done.

just my .02

take care
    john