Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Doesn T Vick Deserve A Second Chance?

Quote Originally Posted by 5kRunner View Post
    I was just going to mention that.
    I'm sorry, I am not familiar with this hand written note. What is it from?

I'm not sure where this came from, but I think it's a very generalized comment. While many serial killers and/or sociopaths start out by harming animals, I imagine there are also other reasons. Maybe, as some have argued, there are some cultural factors involved that led him to fight dogs. Maybe Vick thought he was bulletproof and was engaging in an activity that was entertaining to him and others. I'm not in a position to judge his motives, so I won't. But I do not think it's fair to assume that Vick's activities will one day lead to worse behavior.

I am the proud guardian of a chihuhua/rat terrier mix, named Hannibal. I absolutely love that guy and have had dogs since I was 4 years old. If anyone inflicted any harm on any of my pets, I would be pissed. However, I would go through the proper channels to make sure the person who hurt my dog was prosecuted. That's pretty much what has happened to Vick. I might think that anyone who would harm Hannibal deserves a life sentence, but that's just not realistic in our society.

I totally agree with the comments made by Reid (sportscentury). I don't like Vick and won't ever look at him the same way again. However, he does deserve an opportunity to play football again and if he's still good enough to play in the NFL, he should be allowed to do so. With that said, if the NFL decides to suspend him for a year, I won't lose any sleep over that. If the NFL has a policy of suspending players who commit felonies for one season, perhaps an additional year of being suspended by the league is the best course of action.

The bottom line is that we all have a right to correct our mistakes, as long we are accountable for them. As far as Vick is concerned, maybe he hasn't changed. However, he is serving the sentence the court gave him and in that regard, he is paying for his acts. I think that makes him eligible for another chance, either this year, or next.

Quote Originally Posted by reed1216 View Post

I'm not sure where this came from, but I think it's a very generalized comment. While many serial killers and/or sociopaths start out by harming animals, I imagine there are also other reasons. Maybe, as some have argued, there are some cultural factors involved that led him to fight dogs. Maybe Vick thought he was bulletproof and was engaging in an activity that was entertaining to him and others. I'm not in a position to judge his motives, so I won't. But I do not think it's fair to assume that Vick's activities will one day lead to worse behavior.

I am the proud guardian of a chihuhua/rat terrier mix, named Hannibal. I absolutely love that guy and have had dogs since I was 4 years old. If anyone inflicted any harm on any of my pets, I would be pissed. However, I would go through the proper channels to make sure the person who hurt my dog was prosecuted. That's pretty much what has happened to Vick. I might think that anyone who would harm Hannibal deserves a life sentence, but that's just not realistic in our society.

I totally agree with the comments made by Reid (sportscentury). I don't like Vick and won't ever look at him the same way again. However, he does deserve an opportunity to play football again and if he's still good enough to play in the NFL, he should be allowed to do so. With that said, if the NFL decides to suspend him for a year, I won't lose any sleep over that. If the NFL has a policy of suspending players who commit felonies for one season, perhaps an additional year of being suspended by the league is the best course of action.

The bottom line is that we all have a right to correct our mistakes, as long we are accountable for them. As far as Vick is concerned, maybe he hasn't changed. However, he is serving the sentence the court gave him and in that regard, he is paying for his acts. I think that makes him eligible for another chance, either this year, or next.
    well put!

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    I'm sorry, I am not familiar with this hand written note. What is it from?
    The note was written by Vick as an answer to an empathy test given by PETA. A "google" search will find it. Sounds like a 5th grader with a cheat sheet. There is a line about chickens being athletic. It is funny. Not "ha-ha" funny, but sick and twisted funny. Don't forget-Vick has a nice highlight reel, but a highlight reel has never won a game. He will never play in the NFL again.
    Maybe in some third-world league like the CFL.

BTPH- WOW!! I was not aware that the note was written by Vick- very interesting. It does look like a fifth graders cheat sheet. I don't recall anyone mistaking Vick for an employee of NASA...

While I do believe and support Vick being allowed to resume his NFL career at some point, I must admit that I'm glad the Bears went out and got a franchise QB in the off season. If the Bears hadn't acquired Cutler and signed Vick instead, I'd be looking for a new football team to root for.

let him get a 40 hr. a week job first.... lets see how he handles the life most of us lead.... then maybe some owner will take a chance on this "mutt"

I know we are all entitled to our own opinions, and I respect each and every one.

It is mine that the only thing "Well put!" regarding this whole subject matter was when Michael Vick was put in prison.

If and when he lands on a team, he will have to deal with the wrath of animal-lovers hell from the stands for the rest of his playing days, if not life altogether.

And those of you who feel that is wrong....remember that it was he who brought this on himself.

........with his sick, crosswired brain he genetically inherited from his defective parents who seem to breed degenerate life form like himself and his brother. I don't see any reason to have one ounce of mercy on a piece of garbage who mutilated dogs and held them under water to drown because they weren't exceptional "killers".

This twisted talk of "rehabilitation" and "forgiveness" and "second chances" is exactly why we have so many damn problems in society.

So....we stick these defects in a hole and feed them for years with tax dollars which could be used to build better schools for the illegals children we pay our community hospitals to deliver and take care of.

Opps, I'm sorry.....I'm getting off base.

I will be watching the fans in the stands barking at Vick, holding up the signs saying "Come over to MY house, Michael, my ROTTWEILER wants to say HI..." and the whole time, I'll be shaking my head at society and "second chances".

The earlier example of the Ram linebacker who killed while being intoxicated behind the wheel..........only to be arrested again after that sickening event for yet ANOTHER DUI......is all you need to know about rehabilitation.

It doesn't work.

You can shave a tiger.....dye his hair to resemble Dennis Rodman during his "coming out" basketball years, and take it to sensitivity training for three years.

But when that cat gets hungry, he shread you to pieces to fill his gut.

I say the HELL with the system....let's do this the old fashion way and take back our country and laws our forefathers laid to reign the land.

Take Vick back out in the alley and plug him.

THAT'S true rehabilitation.

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    The note was written by Vick as an answer to an empathy test given by PETA. A "google" search will find it. Sounds like a 5th grader with a cheat sheet. There is a line about chickens being athletic. It is funny. Not "ha-ha" funny, but sick and twisted funny. Don't forget-Vick has a nice highlight reel, but a highlight reel has never won a game. He will never play in the NFL again.
    Maybe in some third-world league like the CFL.
    Thanks for the clarification on the note, b-t-p-h. That was my suspicion, that it was some kind of answer written by Vick himself, but I didn't want to make a guess.

I also agree with you that he will not play again in the NFL. He has way, way, WAY too much baggage, and like someone mentioned before....he wasn't even a winner as a quarterback. He could scramble like hell, and was fast as a leopard.....but that probably came from his activities as a youth while leaving the scenes of his crimes....

Stick a fork in him.

Banned

Re: Doesn't T Vick Deserve A Second Chance?

Sounds like a lot of people do not understand how the laws work in the United States of America.

Love it or Leave it but stop making your own rules because that is not how it works.

Or, vote for lawmakers who want an eye for an eye punishment system.

Good luck!

Re: Doesn't T Vick Deserve A Second Chance?

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Sounds like a lot of people do not understand how the laws work in the United States of America.
    sounds like someone can't read the thread title. the title asks if vick deserves another chance. every tool in the world knows he's obviously receiving one. the question was whether it's deserved. any failure to comprehend basic english is beyond the responsibility of other forum members.

rudy.