Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: o/t-nba finals thread-lakers vs magic

master-Bynum gets himself into foul trouble real easy.So like i said,it really depends on how the refs call the games.If they let them play,then i think bynum will do ok,but if they call any contact or reputation fouls then he is going to in trouble.I alway's think it's funny,that a foul is suppose to be on the player that makes the first contact but i see players driving with the ball and plow into defenders and get the foul called on them.It happen to luke walton alot in the last round vs denver when he was trying to guard anthoney.I just hope the refs let the teams decided who wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
    Its good to get a little basketball conversation going on here. I'm not taking the Magic in 6 based on the fact that Jameer is returning. I honestly don't even know if its a good idea at this point to bring him back. I do agree with a lot of the things Mr. Miracle said. I do agree Gasol and Ariza are better defenders than anyone the Cavs had covering Turkoglu and Lewis. I was actually pretty mad when the Magic traded Ariza away. He was a great role player in Orlando and he showed a lot of upside to him. Turkoglu is a horrible defender in my opinion and will often foul to bail himself out of someone driving to the hoop. No question Bynum is going to be better defender on Howard than Ilgauskas. But the question is can Bynum stay out of foul trouble against him. He can easily get someone in foul trouble within minutes. After Bynum who would the Lakers have guarding Howard? Gasol maybe? I do also agree that not double teaming Howard is the way to play the Magic. I think they're more of an offensive threat with their role players scoring and hitting the 3 ball than with Howard getting 30-40 points a game. Kobe is also going to get his points there's no question about that just like Lebron James did. You can't completely stop him but you can take away his teammates from getting in on the action. All in all, I can't wait for the series to start as it will be good. GO MAGIC!

You know who is killing the Lakers right now is Sasha Vujucic. I don't know what happened to the Machine but he is just sucking this year in the playoffs. He has actually been extremely inconsistent all year but he just keeps firing and firing away and cannot seem to hit the ocean if he fell out of the boat. It is almost getting to the point that the Lakers bench once thought to be their greatest strength is turning into a potential problem. I know Phil keeps sticking with Fish but he is just really looking worn down right now. Farmar and Shannon Brown have both been very inconsistent. They just have had a very inconsistent bench throughout the playoffs. It will be imperative for their bench to step up however one thing that I believe will help both teams is that there is finally some rest between the Eastern/Western Finals and the Finals and there is also an extra day in between a couple of these games. Of course, if you made it this far you need to suck it up and play. You have a max of 7 more games and then the rest of the summer to recover.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

My thought's on game #1-Lakers fans,Don't let the final score fool you.I think the series is going to be closer than this.I do have to say the lakers impressed me with thier play.Great defense on howard.And like i said in my other posts in this thread,as goes for 3 point offenses like the magic,you live by them and like tonight you die by them.I thought luke walton had a good game,and bynum did good on howard.As i thought,that was going to be the key to the series.Bynum vs howard and game one goes to bynum(and the lakers defense).And i just think the way the lakers played defense was the right way,kind of like,let anyone else beat you but howard.And of course the key to the lakers,and this game is the fact that kobe won't let anyone deny him or his team of this championship.He is a true champion,even though according to others,the whole leauge hates him and blah,blah,blah(haters talk).The measure being that you make the team around you better and you elevate thier play,and thats something howard can't do.Howard isnt that same type of player.Well one down 3 to go for the lakers.I will say this,my prediction in the start of the thread was lakers in 6,but if both teams play like they did tonight,it will obviously be a sweep for the lakers and kobe to get his 4th and phil to get the record 10th championship.What's really stubid now,is that we have to wait 2 days to play the next game.

My thought's on game #2-I really think that the magic missed a great chance to win here,as the lakers stole the win from them.And i think this was the key game for me as the lakers go,as this insures the lakers won't lose the title in orlando even if the magic sweep them.Just like what happen in 2004 against the pistons where they won all 3 games in detroit and beat the lakers.I won't say how unfair the 2-3-2 format is,as i've already expressed my thoughts about it.As it's actually the team that opens on the road that had home court advantage.I think this was a good game for both team,as it proved the magic can compete with the lakers,and it proved the lakers can tough out a win.I really think the tough series the lakers have had helped them in this game.The fact it hasn't been a cake walk for them.The lakers bench did'nt have a really good game,and walton did'nt come up big as he did in the first game.But i think fischer had a good game.And the justice that the lakers won takes away for the blown call for the refs on howards "block" in the first quarter where he went threw the hoop to block it.That's 2 points and the lakers would've won saying it went into over time.How do they miss a call like that,to me that's why refs in every sport should be held accountable for thier calls.And they like the payers and coaches should have to do post game press conferneces and have to ansewer for it.I mean that one call could've decided a finals game.Theres no excuse for that.And the only thing that bailed out one of the worst non calls ever in the finals is that a rookie for the magic missed a wide open lay up to win the game,i call that karma.I knew this game was going to be close and now i look for the magic to win at least 2 games at home,but if the lakers win game 3,i think they will sweep the series.

On a side note-I guess this thread has turned into my personal blog about the series now....funny as it had so many posts just leading up to it,but only me since it started,oh well,goodie,a thread all for me

Good tough win for the Lakers. This one was a nailbiter much of the night. I knew that this series would not be a blowout. What I think is interesting is that the Lakers threw the game 1 playbook out the window at times which worked so well. Way too many open looks from the 3 point shooters. You absolutely have to keep a hand in all the shooters faces and rotate off on the pics. Turkoglu, Lewis, Pietrus, Lee, Nelson, Alston etc. cannot get open 3's. This is going to come back to haunt the Lakers at some point in this series.

Now you have to go on the road and take care of business win at least 1 game. This is going to be difficult however the Lakers have already won in Utah and Denver two of the most difficult road arena's in the NBA.

Should be interesting.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Mr.3000

Goodnight Orlando. Maybe next year.

Miracle-hi there,i was wondering where you were.As i've been wondering what you have been thinking of the series so far.I would have to agree with you,as they didn't seem to play the same intense defense as the first game.But i really think they are using the, "any one but howard is going to win for them", defense.As i've said on here,the saying goes,live by the 3 and die by it.And i just think the lakers are going by that.What surprises me is the fact the lakers have'nt very many 3 so far.I just don't buy the hype around howard,superman,well tell him to get to a phone booth and change as he is more clark kent right now.And i'm sorry but is it allowed in the nba when you are dribbling to use your other arm and push off on the other player like turkoglu does.And like you said,if the lakers can win in utah and denver they can win anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.miracle View Post
    Good tough win for the Lakers. This one was a nailbiter much of the night. I knew that this series would not be a blowout. What I think is interesting is that the Lakers threw the game 1 playbook out the window at times which worked so well. Way too many open looks from the 3 point shooters. You absolutely have to keep a hand in all the shooters faces and rotate off on the pics. Turkoglu, Lewis, Pietrus, Lee, Nelson, Alston etc. cannot get open 3's. This is going to come back to haunt the Lakers at some point in this series.

Now you have to go on the road and take care of business win at least 1 game. This is going to be difficult however the Lakers have already won in Utah and Denver two of the most difficult road arena's in the NBA.

Should be interesting.

Right-e-O, Mr. 3000

If Orlando can't win a game like tonight, with Kobe completely off the mark and playing like a bench player in for garbage time......it ain't happening.

It all comes down to how badly the Lakers want to send a message. They can sweep this series with a solid effort to break the spirit (and backs) of the Magic in game 3. If they win it, game 4 will resemble game 1.

But I don't want to take anything away from Lamar. He stepped up and was the guy who held it all together in the 4th quarter when Kobe was sucking eggs. The only thing Kobe did do, to keep the team battling through the end, was hit his free throws.

But this game pretty much showed everyone why the Lakers are the better team, and why this "final" is over. They get contributions from everyone...Fish with a big three-pointer, Gasol with a tough defended fade-away, Ariza stealing the ball ever other time down the court....it's Phil Jackson's dream....he will get his record championship and surpass his Celtic's nemisis.

lakers dodged a silver bullet today. instead of tied series, its 2-0 where winner of first 2 games have won the championship 38-1. ariza made some keys steals and really messed up magics momentum. the magics were really turnover prone. lakers were better off with bynum in foul trouble but i think bynum will play better on the road. the candyman had his a-game and looking forward to winning his first championship. gasol hoping to win his too and be the pride of spain. the spanish news reporter was saying he is the most popular citizen in spain now. i like the magic adjustment to a tall, non point guard linep with reddik g.etting pt in crunch time and tegoluv handling the ball. lets see what phil will do for adjustment for game 3
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.