Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Dwight Gooden 93 Mets and 01 Edgardo Alfonzo team issued on ebay

Scott.

BTW what is the other site you are referring to.

Sounds like we all should be on that one too.

I was actually bidding on a 2000 Alfonzo jersey a couple of weeks ago by
    the same seller which I'm glad i didn't end up winning now.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

I don't see how these auctions can be viewed as being "honest". They're definitely with the intent to make somebody think that these are the real game issued jerseys and haven't been altered.

At the very least, you could just say that they've been altered and leave out the details. Let people contact you if they have any questions. But to leave the fact that they were altered out completely seems like a blatant attempt to sell these for much more than they're worth.

-Brian

for a couple of bucks.....you lose all dignity... shame on you.

Anyone interested in a game issued/used Louisville Slugger bat that I originally bought blank, added pine tar to it, used it in the cages a few times, than when I was done I decided to take it down to the engraver and have Albert Pujols, ST Louis Cardinals engraved in it?

I too have been following these auctions and to my disappointment they have not been amended despite the many comments made here by the game used collecting community.

Whether intentional or not, the auctions are misleading. Just by saying that the jerseys are "team issued" doesn't get a free pass, because a team issued jersey with the name and number of a player of that team equates to the jersey having been actually issued to him for wear in a game. This is common practice/terminology across the industry.

Not stating that the jersey was not in fact issued to the player would be like telling a half truth. Not stating that the jersey had been altered would be the same as leaving out the most critical details (for example, if I were selling a car and told the prospective buyer everything positive I could think of about it... and then leave out the fact that it was in a flood).

Allowing the seller the benefit of the doubt... if this really comes down to terminology and his belief that he has been honest in his listing, I want to provide a real life analogy:

1. You can go to Steiner's website and buy a game issued Yankees jersey for $100.00.
    http://www.steinersports.com/2007-ya...ipe-jersey-(48)
    You can then have it customized with a sleeve patch ($10-15) and a #42 on the back ($30-40). For $150, you have a "team issued" jersey that had been customized into a Mariano Rivera.

2. You can go to Steiner's website and buy a game issued Mariano Rivera Yankees jersey for $1,000.00.
    http://www.steinersports.com/mariano...tadium-patches

The two are not the same thing, and it would not be fair to misrepresent item #1 as item #2.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

If the first link in my last posting does not work, it is because the ")" at the end of the link is getting chopped off. Click the link, which should load almost the whole URL into your address bar, add a ")" to the end, and it should work.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

It really does not matter what he does now because the bidders are locked in..I guess we all live and learn but I will bet any money down the road these jerseys will be up for sale as Gamers at some auction house and someone will pay a premium thinking they are the real thing...That is another problem but hey anything for an extra dollar I guess..
    Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

I'm late to this thread, but I would've liked to see a picture of that refurbished '94 road Gooden jersey. (The ebay links are presently dead ). From my personal first hand experience, Stitches is incapable of providing the proper specs for 93-94 Mets uniforms, and so the wrong style numbering would've been a dead giveaway as to the fishiness of that jersey, even without knowing that the jersey was taken to Stitches for some renumbering.

The listings are still up. If you click on the link in the first post, then click on the sellers feedback, you can get the links to the listings by clicking on the individual feedback links for those items. The titles are listed with each feedback, just a few down the list of most recent.

Quote Originally Posted by metsmetsmets View Post
    I'm late to this thread, but I would've liked to see a picture of that refurbished '94 road Gooden jersey. (The ebay links are presently dead ). From my personal first hand experience, Stitches is incapable of providing the proper specs for 93-94 Mets uniforms, and so the wrong style numbering would've been a dead giveaway as to the fishiness of that jersey, even without knowing that the jersey was taken to Stitches for some renumbering.
    It was a 93 and it was done at Stitches because he picked it up right before an autograph show back in May 07 and he told me he stripped the jersey and had it customized into a Gooden at Stitches...
    Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com