Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Carlos Ruiz bat on eBay

Anybody see this bat? What's with that Rawlings logo ink-transfer on the barrel? That definitely doesn't come from a major league baseball:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220421921474

Banned

Re: Carlos Ruiz bat on eBay

come color ink though

Quote Originally Posted by Lokee View Post
    come color ink though

Did you mean same color ink? If so then I actually think it's a shade lighter than on a major league baseball.

That looks like the same light blue logo off of a Rawlings Official League Ball that you can buy at a local sporting goods store or walmart. It isnt the dark blue that a major league ball has on it. Also it is a circular rawlings logo imprint on the bat which is not on any major or minor league ball. It looks like fake use to me. It would be interesting to see if maybe the Carlos Ruiz marucci that was on ebay a couple months ago is the same as this one with added use.

Andrew

The Rawlings ink trasfer is very fishy...

From the same seller, I can't remember Ivan Rodriguez EVER sporting a tape job like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/IVAN-RODRIGUEZ-S...QQcmdZViewItem

That seller has had a few questionable items in the past. The Griffey jersey he is selling now seems a little odd to me also with the sizing and amount of use on the property tag.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Banned

I do not work for nor have any financial involvement with this seller but have dealt with him in the past for business purposes.

And I can say i feel comfortable with purchasing products from him.

I myself have questioned an item or 2 of his and have spoke with him about it and he had a beleiveable reason behind them.

I personally do not think he would take an item and add use to it. This is just my opinion.

Again take that with a grain of salt and do your own homework and of course I would suggest contact the seller.

Take for instance the pudge bat. I doubt he would take a Pudge bat that has been MLB Authenticated and add taping to it that would not match Pudges nomral use charecteristics.
    Another example is the Sheff bat, the seller himself says it shows light use but he himself considers it to only be issued.

So basically however he acquires the item with whatever story made be told to him or the best assesment he can make and he sells it as such.

Again these are just my opinions!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AWA85 View Post
    That seller has had a few questionable items in the past. The Griffey jersey he is selling now seems a little odd to me also with the sizing and amount of use on the property tag.

Actually I just read the description on that.

You can't get any more honest on that auction. So I am not sure what the problem is.

He claims himself several times and in bold he is selling it as Pro cut Game Issued. He is stating that it does show use but he doesn't know enough about the Jerey to call it Game Used.
    The size on the Jersey seems fine.
    I have seen several Reds Jerseys from Griffey jr. that are 46 and 48
    Given of course those are real

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    Did you mean same color ink?
    Geez, I hope that's what he meant.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

I found a couple of Rawlings practice balls which have the similar "R" in a circle stamping.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.