Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: OT: Who wore 9wears) the largest jersey size in MLB?

I currently own a Bob Wickman game worn Atlanta Braves jersey from 2007. It's a size 58

Manny Ramirez, albeit baggy because he prefers it that way, wears a 56.

But we'll have to wait and see if that holds up when he gets back from his 50 day vacation, now that he's off his......um........fertility drugs

Walter Young and Calvin Pickering have to be up there in size

Young was 6'5 290

Pickering was 6'5 280
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Mr.3000

Quote Originally Posted by chakes89 View Post
    Walter Young and Calvin Pickering have to be up there in size

Young was 6'5 290

Pickering was 6'5 280

I have no idea who Young is, but I recall Pickering when he played for Balt.

Those are the jereys I would need to find then I had the idea of buying an actual game used jersey, preferably of a scrub, and wear it my self. Problem is.....I'm 6'0 265. A big 'un. For authentics, I wear a 60. So unless a gamer is cut big...I would need to find a 60....maybe a 58.Big maybe lol

Mr.3000

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.3000 View Post

Those are the jereys I would need to find then I had the idea of buying an actual game used jersey, preferably of a scrub, and wear it my self. Problem is.....I'm 6'0 265. A big 'un. For authentics, I wear a 60. So unless a gamer is cut big...I would need to find a 60....maybe a 58.Big maybe lol

I wanted to add...before anyone made an issue of it....of course whichever jerey I bought to wear would NEVER be resold. I definately don't agree with people that do that. That's why I want a cheapo. Something pretty much only I would want and to go to games in...etc

What size did David Wells wear when he shaved his head and looked like "Butter Bean?"

I have a Chris Young rookie gamer from when he was with the Rangers and it's a size 52. Surprised it isn't a bit bigger!

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.3000 View Post

The heaviest player in MLB history is Walter Young. He played for the Baltimore Orioles in 2005 and I recently saw him this year playing with the Sussex Skyhawks (Northern New Jersey) of the Can-Am League. I think he was listed as 6' 5" 322 lbs. when he made his major league debut. He played in 14 games that season, but I have no idea what his jersey size was. I did buy this season a Louisville Slugger cracked bat at the Orioles Team Store of Walter Young and it was 36 inches long. It probably was laying around from his time with the team in 2005.

This guy makes Ryan Howard look tiny.
    Chris78View Public ProfileSend a private message to Chris78Find all posts by Chris78
    07-24-2008, 07:18 AM
    orioles03 vbmenu_register("postmenu_92367", true);

Re: MLB's biggest jersey ever??
    walter younng wore a 58 when he was with the 's i remember because we were wearing special jerseys for a series and i held his jersey up to brian roberts and brians looked like a childs jersey.his pants from the floor to ground went up to my forehead he liked is pants baggy .im not short but tose pants were huge do know size but two players could probally fit inside

Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Banned

Re: OT: Who wore (wears) the largest jersey size in MLB?

What about Boog with the Indians? Jumbo Brown? What was that guy on the Braves that Letterman used to make fun of? Terry Forster or something. Those are some big dudes!

Re: OT: Who wore (wears) the largest jersey size in MLB?

My Carlos Lee Astros Gamer is a size 52.