Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Lebron jersey - A5

"I would guess they approved the size if they wrote the letter."

i didn't ask if MEARS approved the size. read the question joel. slowly if you have to. here it is once again: "did troy make sure that a size 52+4 was issued to lebron james?".

"You showed him wearing another size in a few photos but that doesn't mean he never wore the size you showed, does it?"

no it doesn't. i never said lebron never wore a 52+4. troy stated the size is correct and i questioned how he came to that conclusion. when i asked him, he had no answer other than that the MEARS A5 definition allows him size variances.

anyway, your logic is phenomenal. by your school of thought, a correct size can be any size that can't be disproven. amazing. so i guess a size 100 is correct too right? after all, you can't prove he never wore a size 100!

"You have to prove it to him"

i have proven it; i've proven MEARS has no evidence for them to say that a 52+4 is correct. comically, you keep saying "but is it incorrect?". it may not be incorrect, but the point joel is that it's unknown. neither i nor MEARS knows if a 52+4 is incorrect. yet MEARS states it's correct. you seem to think that the only options are "correct" or "incorrect". the third option is "unknown" and that's the basis of my issue; that MEARS says they perform tasks (such as size verification and stylematching) that they don't. if they don't know if a size is correct, they should put "unknown". grade it an A4 or A3 or whatever. point being, if MEARS doesn't know something, they shouldn't say they do know it.

"you think he has to prove the size to you - Why?"

because MEARS' own definition of the A5 states that they verify correct sizes. i'm just holding MEARS to their own policies. apparently you feel that constitutes "slander".

"Prove your point"

i have. MEARS doesn't verify sizes even though they say they do.

rudy.

I was looking again at Kobe game used jerseys and found that a buy it now 2004-2005 white alternative jersey size 50 + 4 with Mears paperwork graded A5. Now Its been said by Dan that Kobe never wore that size with Reebok. It appears many unsuspecting collectors would definately think that jersey was worn by Kobe, we here at GU would know better. I always assumed a grade A5 from Mears was at least correct when it came to sizes of a particular player used or issued. It makes me think otherwise when I see Mears paperwork.

Anthony

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    "I would guess they approved the size if they wrote the letter."

i didn't ask if MEARS approved the size. read the question joel. slowly if you have to. here it is once again: "did troy make sure that a size 52+4 was issued to lebron james?".

"You showed him wearing another size in a few photos but that doesn't mean he never wore the size you showed, does it?"

no it doesn't. i never said lebron never wore a 52+4. troy stated the size is correct and i questioned how he came to that conclusion. when i asked him, he had no answer other than that the MEARS A5 definition allows him size variances.

anyway, your logic is phenomenal. by your school of thought, a correct size can be any size that can't be disproven. amazing. so i guess a size 100 is correct too right? after all, you can't prove he never wore a size 100!

"You have to prove it to him"

i have proven it; i've proven MEARS has no evidence for them to say that a 52+4 is correct. comically, you keep saying "but is it incorrect?". it may not be incorrect, but the point joel is that it's unknown. neither i nor MEARS knows if a 52+4 is incorrect. yet MEARS states it's correct. you seem to think that the only options are "correct" or "incorrect". the third option is "unknown" and that's the basis of my issue; that MEARS says they perform tasks (such as size verification and stylematching) that they don't. if they don't know if a size is correct, they should put "unknown". grade it an A4 or A3 or whatever. point being, if MEARS doesn't know something, they shouldn't say they do know it.

"you think he has to prove the size to you - Why?"

because MEARS' own definition of the A5 states that they verify correct sizes. i'm just holding MEARS to their own policies. apparently you feel that constitutes "slander".

"Prove your point"

i have. MEARS doesn't verify sizes even though they say they do.

rudy.
    Rudy, great work!

Almost as great as your personal attack against me making fun of my email habits.

joel: let's say there was a jersey on ebay; a 1998 cardinals jersey, size 42, with "BIG MAC ATTAK!" as the NOB and a 69 as the number on the back. would this be a correct 1998 regular season mcgwire game-worn jersey? according to your logic it would be correct because you can't prove he never wore it!

mac670/anthony:

"I was looking again at Kobe game used jerseys and found that a buy it now 2004-2005 white alternative jersey size 50 + 4 with Mears paperwork graded A5. Now Its been said by Dan that Kobe never wore that size with Reebok. It appears many unsuspecting collectors would definately think that jersey was worn by Kobe, we here at GU would know better. I always assumed a grade A5 from Mears was at least correct when it came to sizes of a particular player used or issued. It makes me think otherwise when I see Mears paperwork."

exactly my point. when MEARS says that a jersey must be the correct size in order to garner a certain grade, then people expect the jersey to be the correct size and "correct size" is not a euphemism for a range of sizes ("variances"). when i simply asked troy how MEARS knew a 52+4 was correct, as the corresponding A5 grade state, they had no evidence. they didn't know. if you don't know something, don't say you do. over and over again MEARS has purported to know things they don't. if you don't evaluate a certain aspect of a jersey or don't perform a certain service, don't say you have! it's really very simple. what would i have done if i'd been in troy's shoes on this lebron jersey? i simply would've stated that i have no idea if the size is correct or not, rather than mislead people into thinking i know something i don't.

it's a pretty serious thing when an authenticator says they've verified something that they haven't. it gives a false impression to MEARS clients and hinders their ability to accurately evaluate a piece.

rudy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    joel: let's say there was a jersey on ebay; a 1998 cardinals jersey, size 42, with "BIG MAC ATTAK!" as the NOB and a 69 as the number on the back. would this be a correct 1998 regular season mcgwire game-worn jersey? according to your logic it would be correct because you can't prove he never wore it!

with this sort of logic, i'm starting to think howard wolf's image in this thread might've been taken from actual medical files.

mac670/anthony:

"I was looking again at Kobe game used jerseys and found that a buy it now 2004-2005 white alternative jersey size 50 + 4 with Mears paperwork graded A5. Now Its been said by Dan that Kobe never wore that size with Reebok. It appears many unsuspecting collectors would definately think that jersey was worn by Kobe, we here at GU would know better. I always assumed a grade A5 from Mears was at least correct when it came to sizes of a particular player used or issued. It makes me think otherwise when I see Mears paperwork."

exactly my point. when MEARS says that a jersey must be the correct size in order to garner a certain grade, then people expect the jersey to be the correct size and "correct size" is not a euphemism for a range of sizes ("variances"). when i simply asked troy how MEARS knew a 52+4 was correct, as the corresponding A5 grade state, they had no evidence. they didn't know. if you don't know something, don't say you do. over and over again MEARS has purported to know things they don't. if you don't evaluate a certain aspect of a jersey or don't perform a certain service, don't say you have! it's really very simple. what would i have done if i'd been in troy's shoes on this lebron jersey? i simply would've stated that i have no idea if the size is correct or not, rather than mislead people into thinking i know something i don't.

it's a pretty serious thing when an authenticator says they've verified something that they haven't. it gives a false impression to MEARS clients and hinders their ability to accurately evaluate a piece.

rudy.
    Rudy - Due to your personal attacks and new signature attacking me once again I will no longer respond to you personally because you are just a bully as I stated before.

Thanks for attacking me, I appreciate the defense that you should attack someone who speaks the voice of reason.

A number of posts on this thread have been deleted because they involved personal comments. If anyone would like to continue posting on this thread please make sure to focus on the subject under discussion and not make personal comments.

Thank you for your compliance.
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

is this pujols jersey a A5 for the same reason?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALBERT-PUJOLS-Game-Used-Worn-Rookie-Jersey-LOA-2001_W0QQitemZ310143182351QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item4835f9660f&_trksid=p3286.c0 .m14&_trkparms=66%3A4|65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1309|30 1%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A200
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

since were on the subject about double talk when it come to an a-5 designation? what do you guy's think about this as i've never been so confused about a single subject in my life! please read carefully befor posting any comment thank's if you can help me understand and by the way i have asked troy about these kind's of issues and after speaking with him. i am more confused. i purchased this with the idea it was mears a-5 game used designation with mears letter when itarrived this is what i got.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

"what do you guy's think about this..."

i think it's really interesting because they've clearly labeled it as a "Procut" on the LOA. how did they know it was a procut? of the 42 lebron jerseys that MEARS has authenticated, were any of those labeled "Procut"?

"i've never been so confused about a single subject in my life!"

from what i understand, an A5 is supposed to be a jersey that meets all of the specs of a legit-game issued shirt but apparently they allow themselves "size variances". MEARS makes no mention or implication of it being game-used or even game-issued. it simply has to match the specs. if that's the case then, why did the label the jordan jersey as a "Procut"? if it met all of the specs, why not simply slap an A5 on it as they have on hundreds of other shirts?

"by the way i have asked troy about these kind's of issues and after speaking with him. i am more confused."

troy's had that effect on many others as well. people have put together the timeline of human evolution faster than they've managed to understand MEARS grades and policies. why MEARS chose to make their system so user-unfriendly, i do not know.

rudy.

biggest concerns by me is: 1) l.o.o states issued to team, then states pro-cut ? are they not differant? 2) states properly tagged and sewn proffessionaly as all game issued for game use are, still "pro cut" designation. 3) doesn't state what year was worn again pro-cut, but comment's state jersey exhibits light wear and signed on the back, but on the letter it also staes under "wear characteristics" evident use: light wear consitent with player: no (pro-cut) they state it show's use but assume it's not by jordan? how do they come with up with that conclusion? i really don't get it? they give an obvious 2003 all-star pro cut jersey on ebay right now an a-5 rating for game use with nothing to back it up from being a pro-cut, but claim mine to be pro-cut but mine is properly tagged ,sewn, font size, you name it in every way to a true jordan gamer and show's use and was signed by jordan himself. but mine get's the shaft on it's value? with the extra "pro-cut" designation on the top of the letter? sorry but, still very confused!!!!