Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Re: Terrell Owens Gamer On eBay...What a Joke

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    Jason,
    But I couldn't help choke out a laugh or two when NFLJerseyCollector spewed out his claim about Grey Flannel not consigning a jersey like this.

That's when it hit me.....I'm responsible.

NFLJerseyCollector is Richard Russek in cognito....coming back to get even with all of us.
    Oh Please, why don't you throw in TJ, or even Victor Moreno or whos the other one from Vintage Auction.

I personally sell stuff through them as well as buy stuff through them.

but reading what you wrote that i'm him is funny and stupid on your part.

Quote Originally Posted by NFLJerseyCollector View Post
    Oh Please, why don't you throw in TJ, or even Victor Moreno or whos the other one from Vintage Auction.

I personally sell stuff through them as well as buy stuff through them.

but reading what you wrote that i'm him is funny and stupid on your part.

Do you?

Really?

You must have a set of avocado sized doo-dads to end all.....not to mention a VOID in the deposits side of your accounts receivable ledger.

In case you haven't heard, there are a few people here who are just a tad upset that they have been used to finance an ongoing business. But hey, by all means, consign on!

Look, I have never been invited to do the Tonight Show. If you can't take a bit of ribbing while sticking up for an auction house who has been lambasted here of late, and has taken retalitory action against the honest concerned posters who share valuable info here, then please accept my apologies for upsetting you with such a rediculously minor attempt at making light of something that happened to me recently.

But know that you pretty much stand alone in your high praise for them.

Peace, brother.

Hey, by the way.....would you bid on a bat coming up in their May auction for me? I've had a hellova time logging into my account recently......

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze

Look, I have never been invited to do the Tonight Show. If you can't take a bit of ribbing while sticking up for an auction house who has been lambasted here of late, and has taken retalitory action against the honest concerned posters who share valuable info here, then please accept my apologies for upsetting you with such a rediculously minor attempt at making light of something that happened to me recently.
    I'm not sticking up for anyone, nor any Auction House.
    For you or anyone who done business with Auction Houses, and feel you got robbed, Learn from your mistake, suck it up and drive on.
    But don't accuse me of being some one from the Auction House.
    I don't play 2face here.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjetsfan14
    This is inaccurate information as there is actually more Reebok letter codes than just these 5
    Your must be talking about the letter or number before or after the Main letter Designation ("Q","S","L","O","D"), something like "Q2" or "Q3" or Even "PBO"

can someone post a side by side photo of the jersey in question along with a game photo of Owens wearing the same style? I do not see the difference (not a football jersey expert). Any help is appreciated. I looked at photos on google and the sleeves look similar to me.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Quote Originally Posted by b.heagy View Post
    can someone post a side by side photo of the jersey in question along with a game photo of Owens wearing the same style? I do not see the difference (not a football jersey expert). Any help is appreciated. I looked at photos on google and the sleeves look similar to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by NFLJerseyCollector View Post
    I'm not sticking up for anyone, nor any Auction House.
    For you or anyone who done business with Auction Houses, and feel you got robbed, Learn from your mistake, suck it up and drive on.
    But don't accuse me of being some one from the Auction House.
    I don't play 2face here.

Are you really telling me you thought I was being serious?

(I guess some here need it by the numbers.)

IT WAS A JOKE. I thought you would have picked up on it from my last post, but instead, you're now directing me to drink and drive.

You may not play "2face", but when you make a comment about Grey Flannel "not" selling a jersey like this one, then you're not paying attention.

One day we'll be talking about someone's grandmother's undies being described and auctioned off as Steve Garvey's sliding shorts......"with no alterations of any kind"....

Welcome to the forum, NFLJerseyCollector.

b.heagy,

The most obvious and glaring difference, and basically the exclamation point on this whole thread, is the space between the numeral "1" on the front of the jersey, and the manufacturers tag on the lower left of the front under the "1".

Look at Terrell in the picture....The jersey he is wearing has roughly the heighth of the numeral "1" between the bottom of the "1" and the tag, which you can clearly see untucked above his pants line.

The jersey in question has the equivalent of two "1"'s between the bottom of the "1" on the front of the jersey, and the Manu's tag.

Besides that, pick your poison...I see a few other minor differences (the arch of the "eagles" small patch above the number, the placement of the "NFL" shield, to name two)....

.....also, the sleeves are at least 2-3" shorter on the extra 6" jersey.....Look at the distance of the Reebok logo next to the "8" at the top left sleeve (upper right as you look at the picture)....and see how close the eagle patch is below the Reebok logo?......very tight in proximity.

The jersey that Terrell is wearing has more distance between the numeral on his shoulder, and the Reebok logo and eagle patch.

As explained earlier, that's a typical lineman cut.....no sleeves from the armpit.

Taking the last post one step further....look how close the numbers on the shoulders are to the dark neckline.

The numbers on the jersey Terrell is wearing have more distance between the neckline and the start of the numbers. That's obviously because there is more sleeve on the receiver jersey, so it's not necessary to jam the numerals, the Reebok logo, and the eagles patch in a smaller area like on the super-long lineman's cut jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    b.heagy,

The most obvious and glaring difference, and basically the exclamation point on this whole thread, is the space between the numeral "1" on the front of the jersey, and the manufacturers tag on the lower left of the front under the "1".

Look at Terrell in the picture....The jersey he is wearing has roughly the heighth of the numeral "1" between the bottom of the "1" and the tag, which you can clearly see untucked above his pants line.

The jersey in question has the equivalent of two "1"'s between the bottom of the "1" on the front of the jersey, and the Manu's tag.

Besides that, pick your poison...I see a few other minor differences (the arch of the "eagles" small patch above the number, the placement of the "NFL" shield, to name two)....

Thanks for taking the time to post. I can see the difference with the photos side by side now. Excellent information. Always good to learn something new.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !