Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Bryce Harper vs Mike Trout

Trout, because he's not a punk like Harper.

Harper all the way... met him on a few occasions and he was very nice every time. Based on ability and skill set I'm pretty biased because I've seen Bryce play a good amount of games and have yet to catch a Trout game.
    Always looking for anything John Flaherty, Drew Storen and Marcell Ozuna game used.
    jaeger_danny@yahoo.com

Banned

Neither. If I were building a team I would pick Strasburg over anyone else. Pitching wins championships. Many great hitters have won nothing. Ted Williams, Yaz, Banks, Tony Gwynn, Guerrero, Griffey Jr. and Bonds are just some examples of superstar hitters who never won a ring. Trout and Harper are not and will not even be the best players on their own teams for the forseeable future as they have Pujols and Strasburg respectively as teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Neither. If I were building a team I would pick Strasburg over anyone else. Pitching wins championships. Many great hitters have won nothing. Ted Williams, Yaz, Banks, Tony Gwynn, Guerrero, Griffey Jr. and Bonds are just some examples of superstar hitters who never won a ring. Trout and Harper are not and will not even be the best players on their own teams for the forseeable future as they have Pujols and Strasburg respectively as teammates.
    Geez, the dumb scenario was between two guys, not a choice "C"... at least play along.

And you don't think "many great pitchers have won nothing"?

But I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by 5toolplayer View Post
    Saw this on PTI yesterday and wanted to see what some of you thought. If you were a GM of a team, and had to build around one player, would it be Harper or Trout????
    That's a clown question, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by DJaeger22 View Post
    Harper all the way... met him on a few occasions and he was very nice every time. Based on ability and skill set I'm pretty biased because I've seen Bryce play a good amount of games and have yet to catch a Trout game.

Seen Harper in ST, very impressive kid. He'll be a monster when he fills out in the next couple of years. Trout is built like an NFL safety with speed to burn. Not like the typical fast guy wimps like Brett Gardner. I'll see him 1st hand July 22-25 when we fly across country to see the Angels play. Can't wait
    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Quote Originally Posted by Jags Fan Dan View Post
    That's a clown question, bro.
    harper is a punk. Stupid question from the reporter but come on Bryce.
    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

harper is a punk. Stupid question from the reporter but come on Bryce.
    Wait a minute. A month ago you were saying this kid is so mature for a 19 year-old, and now you are calling him a punk?

Oh Jesus... RAULMONDESI43 decided to bless this thread with yet another baited comment.

Please repost where I said anything about Harper being Mature! Him being a 19 year old kid and doing stupid 19 year old kid things is what that thread was about. Again you come on here and waste my time trying to act like Mr Tough Guy King Hippo. Get a life u clown
    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Oh Jesus... RAULMONDESI43 decided to bless this thread with yet another baited comment.

Please repost where I said anything about Harper being Mature! Him being a 19 year old kid and doing stupid 19 year old kid things is what that thread was about. Again you come on here and waste my time trying to act like Mr Tough Guy King Hippo. Get a life u clown
    I'm not baiting you. Where's my hook and line? I'm just reminding you that a month ago you were telling everyone to ease up on Bryce and showing some support for him, now you call him a punk? Make up your mind.