Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Historic Auctions has launched.......

www.HistoricAuctions.com

Regards, Bernie

Bernie J. Gernay
    877-580-6673
    Football Authenticator - Global Authenticated Inc.

"Whoever denies Me before men, I will deny him before my Father in Heaven" -Matthew 10:33

Re: Historic Auctions has launched.......

Is ASI and Historic Auctions the same company. It just seems as if every item they are auctioning comes with a ASI COA. There are 2 items in their auction that caught my eye. First the Jon Papelbon Game Used Glove. It states in their auction that this is the only game used glove Jonathan used the entire 2004 season. This is a false statement because I have a different Jon Papelbon game used glove that he used while playing with Sarasota during the 2004 season. I also have pictures of him using the glove and also pics of him signing the glove "game used 2004".
    The second item that caught my eye was the David Wright game used Norfolk Tides Jersey. I acquired this jersey myself from the Tides and it came with a Letter from the Norfolk Tides stating it's authenticity. I sold it on Ebay back in August to the Gulf Bay Trading Company in Seminole Florida. I can't figure out how ASI ended up with the Jersey or why they don't advertise that the Jersey comes with a letter from the Tides. The closing price when I sold it is only $30 less than the opening bid in Historic Auctions. Is ASI the same as Historic Auctions and Gulf Bay Trading Company? I have been contacted before by ASI offering me prices on ebay auctions for game used items I have sold. This also seems strange for a company that states they "obtain 99% of their items directly from the players themselves." Just seems odd.
    Thanks
    Scott

If I buy an item from Steiner and then resell it to someone else, does that make me the same as Steiner? Obviously not. Just because items get sold around doesn't mean anything.

As long as the items are authentic, and they seem to be, I'm going to be bidding on them. Most of the items are authenticated by Spence anyway....

All of the items seem to be from ASI. The Papelbon glove was not the only glove he used last (2004) season Scott. I don't know where they come up with half of this stuff. The Granderson bat is actually a Chip Ambres bat. Nixon bat I sold them brand new. They obtain many of their items from alternate sources such as card companies and dealers. Email me for follow up.
    Bryan O
    obeyone10@aol.com

I posted the same curious question the other day.

Is there a connection between Historic Auctions ASI, and ebay id gulftobaytrading ?

The email I received was from gulftobaytrading.com which connects Historic Auctions and gulftobaytrading (ebay id). The location (St. Pete) might be the reason for so many ASI items. Anybody know?

Nate

From the old board

Anyone know about "Historic Auctions?"
    October 31 2005 at 2:30 PM Eric (Premier Login ecky3)
    Forum Owner
    I noticed in the SCD auction calendar something called "Historic Auctions"

They had an ad in SCD but it was attributed in the advertiser index as "Authentic Sports Inc."

Does anyone know, is ASI entering the auction house game?

On their web site http://www.historicauctions.com it mentions every item is authenticated by ASI and/or mears.

Thanks
    Eric

They have a lot of nice items on there that we will be bidding on.

Exclamation Re: Historic Auctions has launched.......

i live in illinois and have been buying ASI products for over 2 years now. i mostly focus on chicago baseball, but have occasionally puchased other items when deals were too good to pass up. anyways, i have personally never had a problem with authenticity and plan to bid on several of these items from historicauctions. i think it would be best to contact ASI directly if questioning that these items do in fact have an ASI COA. if they do, they should be to the same high standard as past items. it has always been nice to know that these guys not only get things straight from the players, but often have photos and letters proving that! in 2 years i have only been questioned about ASI authenticity a couple times and both times i was immediately sent several photos of the signing and letters from the players themselves. amazing!

as for being the same company, i inquired about that with ASI. they are not. ASI has consigned many items for the auction to help get the overall inventory up and has also authenticated some baseball items already in the auction. personally, i am happy to see an auction house using a reputable authenticating service. probably a great decision for them to increase their initial acceptance in the game.

Tim in Chi-town

what up,

i don't know if these are the same companies or not, but regardless, this auction will be awesome.

obeyone, please continue to talk so i can get these jerseys without competition. maybe you'll scare away other bidders and we can keep these deals to ourselves!!!

PS - did you guys see that walter peyton jersey!!! sick!!!!!

Thumbs up Re: Historic Auctions has launched.......

Received the SCD with the Historic Auction catalouge and noitced a Ben Roethlisberger gamer...went to check on-line the other day and no Roethlisberger jersey???? Anyone know why? I emailed Historic and no response...typical auction house...poor professionalism! Moreover, the jersey was autogrpahed on the back #7 and I thought it bore a striking resemblance to a PSA/DNA NFL Auction jersey, but that's just my opinion....