Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Alfonso Soriano Glove

I'm sure some of you have seen this on ebay, and the seller could possibly be a member here, but I'm not sure. What do you guys think this is worth in terms of value? The glove's not authneticated, and it looks good to me, but what do you guys think? thank you, Ricardo

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...Category=50117
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Re: Alfonso Soriano Glove

Ricardo,

I did some digging on this glove, as I've been looking for a Soraino Mizuno OF glove for my personal collection. I would have paid the asking price, but I couldn't find any photos of Soriano using this style glove. I'm not saying this glove is no good, but every OF glove I've ever seen him use (even before he became a Cub) has a Trapeze style web and no wrist strap. The nickname embroidery is correct and the use looks nice, but the style is unusual. Anyone have any input?

Best,
    Rob Steinmetz
    www.authenticgamers.com
    authenticgamers@aol.com

Paying top dollar for Chicago Cubs game used equipment!

Quote Originally Posted by RobSteinmetz View Post
    Ricardo,

I did some digging on this glove, as I've been looking for a Soraino Mizuno OF glove for my personal collection. I would have paid the asking price, but I couldn't find any photos of Soriano using this style glove. I'm not saying this glove is no good, but every OF glove I've ever seen him use (even before he became a Cub) has a Trapeze style web and no wrist strap. The nickname embroidery is correct and the use looks nice, but the style is unusual. Anyone have any input?

Best,
    how old is this glove? whens the last time he played 2nd base?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

THe auction doesn't say how old it is, so I don't know.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    how old is this glove? whens the last time he played 2nd base?
    Joel,

Soriano hasn't played 2nd base since 2005 with the Rangers, with the exception of the WBC in 2006. I have checked the WBC pictures, and that's not the glove.

Mark

Banned

I am not sure of the glove, but I can tell you the seller is very credible.

I am not sure of how or where the glove was used by the seller get's a lot of items directly from the players or someone close to the players.

So I am just speaking on the sellers behalf I feel he is trust worthy.

And no I do not work for him or with him, I have no financial investment in his company or in this item.

Banned

I found some pictures of Soriano using a glove just like this and possily a photomatch.
    Hard to tell if it is an exact match but I can tell you this everything matches up names, tagging, embroidery, location of embroidery.

Quote Originally Posted by markize View Post
    Joel,

Soriano hasn't played 2nd base since 2005 with the Rangers, with the exception of the WBC in 2006. I have checked the WBC pictures, and that's not the glove.

Mark

my friend in japan has a nonwebbed glove from when soriano was in texas. the logo is different now tho for mizuno gloves.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    my friend in japan has a nonwebbed glove from when soriano was in texas. the logo is different now tho for mizuno gloves.
    joel,

I would love to see pics. I just picked up one of his gloves from 2002-2003. I can't wait till it gets here!! Can you ask him to send pics, or can you send me some? Send to: sirfuzzy@comcast.net

mark

Quote Originally Posted by RobSteinmetz View Post
    Ricardo,

Best,

Rob,

you know i was all over this when it was first listed (thanks also to Scott, and Nick for the emails). i searched tons of pics, but couldnt find any perfect style matches. i did see a few pics with the wrist strap, but the web was wrong, or there was no "el monstruo" embriodered on it. also, i have never seen any soriano gamers with "el monstruo" on them before 2008. i have a pair of cleats, and a pair of batting gloves with it, but both are 2008.

mark