Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: OT: Manny Hurt Already???

Wow...

Really?

You really think Manny is doing this on purpose?

REALLY?

I see the "Boston faithful" little girls club is out already.

Yes....I'm a Manny fan. And to be honest, I absolutely love Boston....for the history, for Ted....for your Uni's!! The Red Sox are so inbred in baseball folklore, you can't HELP but love them.

But you cheese ball Manny bashers make ME laugh. The dude was responsible, LARGELY, for ending the 86 year old curse of the bambino. He helped you....no, he LED you to two World Championships......and still you pick on him. Why?

Go ahead.....get it out, take your cheap shots. But when the season get's going, Manny's BIG BAT will be right there POUNDING MLB pitching into submission.....any and every taker who throws him a strike will pay eventually. And he'll be doing it for MY DODGERS!!!!

He is one of the greatest right hand power hitters in history.

And that's NOT OPEN for discussion.....just check out the "books", girls.

O.K., back to your ignorant "cancer" low-life comments which are low class and uncalled for on any level........

There is a reason why every team passed on him!

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    But when the season get's going, Manny's BIG BAT will be right there POUNDING MLB pitching into submission.....

O.K., back to your ignorant "cancer" low-life comments which are low class and uncalled for on any level........
    The only think Manny is going to be pounding is the disabled list on the bench with his crying towel.

and you can defend your player all you want, but to call posters here low life or low class shows alot about your character. We pride ourselves here with having intelligent conversations about the sport without resorting to personal attacks.

That's right, SUICIDE_SQUEEZE, read the quotes from Papelbon just 2 days ago referring to Ramirez as a CANCER on the team. You're entitled to your opinions, misguided as I personally think they are, and I've been called much worse than a girl or low-class. You really have to come up with something better than that. If Papelbon is lowclass, he's a successful and wealthy one. Go figure.

Manny is a turd. Your tune will change around the all-star break when he has either been on the DL needlessly once or twice, launches into a violent tirade against some poor 64 year old bystander or, worse yet, his manager, or otherwise makes a $45 million dollar mega-gaffe that will make the Dodgers, fans, and media cringe in dismay and repugnance.

Root, root root for this reject, but he did far less than you opine for the Red Sox. Mark Bellhorn for crying out loud produced better than Manny in the WS in '04.

You can stir the pot all you want, but I think you're more jacked up on your own agenda than you are on Manny the Gimp's Second Coming. Good luck to you and your upcoming hard letdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    The only think Manny is going to be pounding is the disabled list on the bench with his crying towel.

and you can defend your player all you want, but to call posters here low life or low class shows alot about your character. We pride ourselves here with having intelligent conversations about the sport without resorting to personal attacks.

WHY don't you just take a look at what you just typed (said)....and re-read through this thread.

I think calling a guy a "cancer" because a few of his teammates had differences with his personality and how he expressed himself....is a bit low class.

EVERONE here has most likely been touched by this dreadful disease, either via a family member or close friend. To equate an incorrigible baseball player to a "cancer" is a bit extreme and in extremely bad taste, and should be left to be uttered by a brainless relief pitcher who does a silly little dance on his spare time from throwing.......NOT POSTERS here trying to have "intelligent conversations".

You have the audacity to chastise me after you insult Manny yourself, while maintaining I can't call anyone here "low class" for lowering themselves to the moniker of "cancer" against a baseball player for a "different personality"?

Yeah.....I like to have intelligent conversations too. I just know I won't have any with Boston fans angry at Manny for "quitting" on his team, or Manny haters if that's the subject matter on a thread.

By the way.....I ask you mentioned above......Answer this question....

Would you consider a guy who during July hit .347, with an OPS of 1.060 a guy who quit on his team?

Those are Hall of Fame numbers.

And Manny's numbers last July.

And lighten up......I'm not here to pound on anyone, or insult anyone, or be rude and make enemies. I just find the Manny attacks and comments so ill advised......the guy was your ROCK of GIBRALTER, Boston. Show him a little respect.....

WHY don't you just take a look at what you just typed (said)....and re-read through this thread.

I think calling a guy a "cancer" because a few of his teammates had differences with his personality and how he expressed himself....is a bit low class.

EVERONE here has most likely been touched by this dreadful disease, either via a family member or close friend. To equate an incorrigible baseball player to a "cancer" is a bit extreme and in extremely bad taste, and should be left to be uttered by a brainless relief pitcher who does a silly little dance on his spare time from throwing.......NOT POSTERS here trying to have "intelligent conversations".

You have the audacity to chastise me after you insult Manny yourself, while maintaining I can't call anyone here "low class" for lowering themselves to the moniker of "cancer" against a baseball player for a "different personality"?

Yeah.....I like to have intelligent conversations too. I just know I won't have any with Boston fans angry at Manny for "quitting" on his team, or Manny haters if that's the subject matter on a thread.

By the way.....I ask you mentioned above......Answer this question....

Would you consider a guy who during July hit .347, with an OPS of 1.060 a guy who quit on his team?

Those are Hall of Fame numbers.

And Manny's numbers last July.

And lighten up......I'm not here to pound on anyone, or insult anyone, or be rude and make enemies. I just find the Manny attacks and comments so ill advised......the guy was your ROCK of GIBRALTER, Boston. Show him a little respect.....
    Wow...feel better?

Manny is a cancer. His "its all about me" personality is why they ran him out of Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by eisenreich8 View Post
    That's right, SUICIDE_SQUEEZE, read the quotes from Papelbon just 2 days ago referring to Ramirez as a CANCER on the team. You're entitled to your opinions, misguided as I personally think they are, and I've been called much worse than a girl or low-class. You really have to come up with something better than that. If Papelbon is lowclass, he's a successful and wealthy one. Go figure.

Manny is a turd.
    Oh.....I see.

So now we can equate having class with "success" and having lots of money in one's field??

Yeah, brilliant. I think everyone would agree on that!

Hey Vintagedeputy......when do these "intelligent" conversations start that we posters like to have here???

eisen....man, if you can't take a little "ribbing" (the attackers I refer to as girls) then maybe you should look into the clear or the cream......'cause your skins a bit thin friend. RELAX! It was all in good fun.

But I stand by my feelings on the "cancer" word.

Now "turd"......that's much more fitting of Manny. I'll back that one up.

How about lesion, tooth decay, open festuring puss filled sore? They all describe Manny when his "me first" attitude strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    Wow...feel better?

Manny is a cancer. His "its all about me" personality is why they ran him out of Boston.
    Nothing personal......but I never felt bad.

Hey, you know, if you really must press an issue of using a word that holds a tremendous amount of painful connotation, then do as you will.

It's brutal, and out of context.

I would expect that from a loser like Papelbon....he's an idiot jock like most of them are. Reminds me of a John Rocker type.....NO CLASS. Stupid. He is also for whatever reason trying to gain status with some of his other idiot teammates (mind you I refer to SOME of them as idiots, not all of them).

Boston will not win a World Series with these players minus Manny. Manny was unreplaceable for the Red Sox, and the same goes for the Dodgers.

Hate him....it's o.k. with me, him, and anyone else that cares or doesn't.

Just use a bit of decency when choosing a name to describe your loathsomeness for the guy.

And my opinion is......They didn't run him out of town. He had had enough, and pressed the issue.

Now, instead of both being happy.....since your argument is that NO ONE wanted him around in Boston........Why is it that the Boston fans are so angry, full of hate, resentful, bitter, and just can't stay off Manny's back? Why is it the Dodger fans are as happy as we've been since.......last August?

Hmmmmmm...........

Why is it that the Boston fans are so angry, full of hate, resentful, bitter, and just can't stay off Manny's back? Why is it the Dodger fans are as happy as we've been since.......last August?

Hmmmmmm...........
    Cant answer that for ya. I hate the Red Sox. I'm a born and raised Yankee fan. I was happy to see Manny's demise in Beanville. I just wish that no other team would have to suffer with him.