Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

barry bonds bat on e-bay

Any thoughts on this one? I'm interested but can't find any photos of Bonds using a Mizuno during the years the seller states it was used.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

Re: barry bonds bat on e-bay

Looks like it was used sometime during spring training. Could have been during bp or a game, maybe Barry was just trying out different stock bats.

Asked seller to show me a readable pic of the COA so I see what it stated, but no luck. Said the pics posted was the best he could do. He said it states it's a game used and not a BP or spring training model. I'm starting to get fishy. Also it states bat is in mint condition but the cert number when I looked it up says it is cracked. Think I'll have to stay away from this one.

I got another response from the seller of this bat. I checked the cert# on psa's website and it states a totally different representation of this bat than what the seller states. I asked him about it and he said PSA must have made a mistake. I also retracted my bid on this item and he added a revision to the listing description calling me a "DW", and that I couldn't cover the bid which is why I retracted. He also still refuses to tell me what the COA states as far as when it was used. Just a caution in case anyone here is bidding. Just be careful.

some sellers are just plain idiots. the least he/she can do is post better quality pics!

This is the same seller who last week had offered a McGwire bat that was alleged to be used to hit homeruns #502/#503. I had an extremely difficult time in trying to get a consistent or coherent story on that bat, enough to make me stay away from anything they offer.
    email is matmuell at umich.edu