Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Looking for game used Rik Smits jerseys

I'm looking for game used jerseys of Rik Smits. Let me know if you have something you want to sell. Thanks.

Re: Looking for game used Rik Smits jerseys

Though not for sale, I have a pretty nice collection of Smits items obtained directly from him from the '90s & up, including Home & Road Jerseys; Practice Jersey & Shorts; Warmup/Shooting Shirt; Shoes; as well as other non-game used pieces. Jay.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice collection. I love the home jersey. I own a signed authentic white pinstripe jersey from the 1998 season. But I definitely would like to have a game used FloJo jersey.
    It looks like his game used jerseys doesn't excist. I searched te entire web but never found one.
    Do you know what the price would be for a signed game used FloJo jersey?

I am sorry for my bad English but I am from The Netherlands.

By the way. Do you know if he apeared on a cover of a sports magazine?

Robster,
    I attended Marist College at the same time as Rik Smits. Did you go to their website and see if there were any photos? You also may have a chance to get some old programs with him on them (even though its been 20 years). Its, at least, worth a shot. Let me know how it works out for you.

Best wishes,
    Mike

Robster..I think a fair price for a Smits gamer would be in the area of $400-500. As far as Smits on the covers of magazines, those are scarce & I tried to get any I could..I have him on the cover of The Sporting News (will ck the date for you)..I also have an older Marist program w/him on the cover. He & I struck up a friendship in the '90s & I can't say enough about how he went out of his way & made me feel like part of the 'family.' Some of my favorite sports memories include making the 4hr drive to Indy to watch him play, even went to one of the NBA Finals games vs. the Lakers..Lost touch w/him following his retirement, truly one of the 'good guys.' Email me direct at ldonalds@columbus.rr.com if I can be of any further help. Will post the magazine cover dates directly. Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by nomarmauerfan View Post
    Robster,
    I attended Marist College at the same time as Rik Smits. Did you go to their website and see if there were any photos? You also may have a chance to get some old programs with him on them (even though its been 20 years). Its, at least, worth a shot. Let me know how it works out for you.

Best wishes,
    Mike
    I couldn't find any photos of him on their website. I got some old Indiana Pacers media guids and yearbooks with him on the cover. Thanks for your reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by pietraynor View Post
    Robster..I think a fair price for a Smits gamer would be in the area of $400-500. As far as Smits on the covers of magazines, those are scarce & I tried to get any I could..I have him on the cover of The Sporting News (will ck the date for you)..I also have an older Marist program w/him on the cover. He & I struck up a friendship in the '90s & I can't say enough about how he went out of his way & made me feel like part of the 'family.' Some of my favorite sports memories include making the 4hr drive to Indy to watch him play, even went to one of the NBA Finals games vs. the Lakers..Lost touch w/him following his retirement, truly one of the 'good guys.' Email me direct at ldonalds@columbus.rr.com if I can be of any further help. Will post the magazine cover dates directly. Jay.
    $500 is a great price. Now I have to find one.
    I look forward to your post with the magazine cover dates. I would like to get my hands on the one of The Sporting News. If you ever find one you want to sell, just let me know.
    I'm sure he is one of the 'good guys'. Just a normal guy from Holland. Thanks for your contribution.

Robster..the date on The Sporting News w/ Smits on the cover is May 11, 1995. Jay