Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: 103 not named that tested positive for steroids...

Quote Originally Posted by eisenreich8 View Post
    A local and knowing source dropped me the name Trot Nixon.

I also would add Carl Everett.

I personally do not think Varitek would be on the list. I think he takes his God-given abilities too seriously, which are eroding quickly nonetheless.
    He may not be on THAT particular list.......but as an ex catcher, I'm telling you.......Tek was on the juice BIG-TIME.

Go back and look at the "Getty Images" pictures of him in 2002, 2003, 2004.....He was built like a TANK, and his legs were from another world. You don't develope legs like that from squatting behind a plate for years. You develope those kinds of legs by pushing around 1,250 pounds on leg press machines, backed by "quick recovery" so you can catch the next day.

Unless he was training in the off-season (to be the next Eric Heiden) on skates......he was "needle"ing his butt often and heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefano61 View Post
    I really doubt Piazza ever used steroids, he was a big guy and a proven hr hitter even in the early 90's...in 1996, when teammate Brady Anderson hit 50 homers, Cal Ripken hit 26, the only time in his last 8 seasons in which he topped 20 homers...
    I'm just gonna let the pics do the talking........and by the way, I'm a HUGE Dodger fan........but Mike Piazza.......well, just look........
    Attached Images Attached Images        

re: Varitek, I'll certainly take your word for it. I'm not qualified to dispute your info. He is an overly solid figure.

Piazza's before/after is mind-boggling. I looked like him in the first pic. Nothing short of PED's would change that in a mortal fan.

Paul O'Neill and Tino Martinez from the Yankees.

What is the point to this. People are pointing fingers at players who may be totally innocent. How many of you would want people saying you may have done something wrong, pick your crime of choice, with no proof. All of you would be outraged. Because of the wide usage we now know about unfortunately there will be suspicion about everyone but why point fingers and accuse people who may be totally innocent. An excellent example is Josh Hamilton. He came into major league baseball two years ago when testing was in place. In addition to the testing done to regular players he was being tested EVERY WEEK because of his prior use of cocaine, etc which he admitted to. Before he got clean he was on the road to death getting down to 180 pounds at his 6'4 height. He admits he is still an addict and last year never carried more than $10 when he was on the road so he would not be tempted. Unlike most of the PED drug users he has written a book about his drug usage and speaks to young people to try to keep them from using. Because of how he abused himself with illegal drugs for several years he is still in a rehabilitative process and wore down at the end of last year. Most players were amazed he was able to do what he did given his years of drug abuse and time out of the game. Of all the people in baseball he is one you should not unfairly accuse , with zero prooof and no reasobable suspicion I might add.

As a Cards fan, I am flattered that folks (especially Yankee fans) think he is on the juice. he is a remarkable player who has been tearing up MLB since his rookie season. Not only is he a pure, line drive hitter for average, he occasionally lofts one into orbit.

If Albert wanted to sacrifice his average (which he won't), he could easily hit 50+ homers every season. Not only that, he's the most consistent slugger in all of baseball. He hit 34 homers in 2002 (after hitting 37 in his rookie season) and has a high of 49...so what?

Do you think he took Steriods in 2005 and 2008 (after they really started testing?) Those are the years he won the MVP award. If he did, he'd be pretty stupid...and if you live in STL and know/watch Albert every day, he's not only smart, but very concerned about the legacy he leaves in baseball.

If Albert took steroids while playing in the MLB - and it is proven, I might just quit watching baseball. Nobody is 100% innocent, I can concede that...but Albert would be one player that I would really have a hard time accepting that from.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by mbenga28 View Post
    Paul O'Neill and Tino Martinez from the Yankees.
    Paul O'Neil?

Got anything to back that up?
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    He may not be on THAT particular list.......but as an ex catcher, I'm telling you.......Tek was on the juice BIG-TIME.

Go back and look at the "Getty Images" pictures of him in 2002, 2003, 2004.....He was built like a TANK, and his legs were from another world. You don't develope legs like that from squatting behind a plate for years. You develope those kinds of legs by pushing around 1,250 pounds on leg press machines, backed by "quick recovery" so you can catch the next day.

Unless he was training in the off-season (to be the next Eric Heiden) on skates......he was "needle"ing his butt often and heavy.
    You weren't kidding about his legs

Some pics:

JUNE 15, 2004:

OCTOBER 15, 2004:

I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

I agree with cjclong. This entire thread is the absolute height of absurdity...."103 names haven't been revealed, so let's make baseless accusations publicly."

As far as I'm concerned, the only people who have any room to speculate are those who have done the following:
    1) Taken and passed classes in endocrinology and physiology
    2) Taken and passed classes in exercise science and related courses
    3) Have closely studied the science of baseball, specifically as it pertains to park effects, rule changes, and trends over time

From my standpoint, no one outside of that realm has any room to be speculating over who took based on some pictures (since your lack of knowledge abuot the basic subjects condemns you) or based off of arbitrary and cherry-picked numbers (which demonstrates a lack of knowledge about the game).

And I will step up and place myself at the top of the list of people who have met all three requirements. I also will not speculate about who I believe has or has not been 'roiding up. Certainly I have my own suspicions about certain players, but I'm not going to publicly post them.

On the plus side, this thread has given me a good list of those who speak without knowledge.
    Looking for Duane Kuiper home run baseballs

Quote Originally Posted by notxpensv4u View Post
    Luis Gonzalez 57 homeruns in 2001
    and who could forget the power hitter
    Shawn Green 49 Homeruns in 2001
    followed by
    Todd Helton 49 homeruns in 2001
    all who seemed to go into history as power hitters?
    I would add Brett Boone 19 Homeruns in 2000
    37 Homeruns in 2001