Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Exclamation Note to Fellow Users about Public Contact Information

As many of you know, I was subject to a vulgar, sexually explicit, and verbally abusive email at the hands of a mysterious brewcrew82_1@juno.com. Thanks to those of you who wrote me and expressed your support and sympathy, as well as your desire to help out. With the aid of a forum member with a computer science degree, I confirmed my suspicions that the sender sent the mail from a fake IP address. This is not a hard thing to do and requires no special devices, as was speculated last night. I believe that I know who the sender is, but I am awaiting confirmation as to the identity of this person - I will make it known when it definitively becomes available.

Today I received a second sexually explicit email. In it, it used very sexist and condescending language to refer to A-Rod's wife, seemed to have inside knowledge about Bagwell's sex life, and told me in graphic terms how ugly I am. It also insulted Seattle, the town I call my home. I was also repeatedly called a lesbian and demeaned; the second email has also been forwarded to the moderators. What's bizarre is why would I care about an athlete's sex life? I mean, I can't pass judgment on them, because who knows what I'd do if I were blessed with great athletic talent and beautiful people of the opposite sex hounding me.

However, in the meantime, I wanted to warn you about the risk of having your contact information public. I have been a member of GUU for just over a year now, and I am not on here all the time. This is the first time I have had this problem. However, please recognize the dangers of having your information public on this forum; not everyone is respectful of other people's right to receive only respectful and civilized correspondence. It is nice to know where to turn if you want to get ahold of someone. However, with that privilege comes a responsibility to treat people with decency. I am going to leave my contact information public for a little while, with the hope that these emails would stop.

And to the person writing these emails - you read this board - there are more mature ways of handling your disagreements with my baseball opinions, political views, and dislike of my personal appearance. Girls are more than their physical appearance. I make no claim to be beautiful; I just hope I would be respected as any other member of this community. So feel free to keep contacting me if you have respectful things to say. And again, to that insulting person, you should be man enough to come on this board, say who you are, and publicly apologize.

-Frik
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Banned

Re: Note to Fellow Users about Public Contact Information

Well said. And it is a shame that you were subject to that harassment and if it did come from a Forum member what does that say about this Forum? Using a computer to transmit threats and/or sexually explicit emails, I believe, is a federal offense. This should get very interesting. Please keep us posted as to who the alleged offender may be.
    sarahsdad

Sounds like you need to get the authorities involved, not the moderators

Hope it all works out

Quote Originally Posted by PK View Post
    Sounds like you need to get the authorities involved, not the moderators

Hope it all works out
    I agree. Get authorities involved. The only reason a moderator should be involved is to remove the perpetrator from GUU permanently once it has been proven that they were the senders of the elicit material.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    I agree. Get authorities involved. The only reason a moderator should be involved is to remove the perpetrator from GUU permanently once it has been proven that they were the senders of the elicit material.
    What authorities should I get involved? I don't know whom to call or email.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Just call your local police and they will take it from there. Since gender and sexual orientation were mentioned in the email, they will take it seriously. Depending on what has been said in those emails, it might be considered a hate crime.

Chris

You could probably call your local police department and inquire. If your dad has an attorney, call him and inquire. You have rights, and establishing what they are in the parameters of what you have explained here should not be tolerated. Pretty serious offense...

I also note you have your phone number on your signature. I'd remove that now. Too personal. Next thing you know you'll be fielding unwanted calls instead of emails. I believe Vintage is associated with the law in his job and probably could answer some questions too. I know a guy recently here who had his personal number plastered over posts without consent. Some have no regard for respect... Don't advertise info that is too personal in nature.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by staindsox View Post
    Just call your local police and they will take it from there.
    Is there a non-emergency line or an email address I could send my concerns to?
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Hope all turns out well in this matter. It's a shame someone calling there selves a "man" would hide there id and come at you with these types of comments. Whoever did this had no right. Good luck in all you do on this board as I have been a member a long time and only comment only on certain topics. I took the time to let you know you have ethics and sometimes in this world it is very rare. You stand up for what you believe and what is right. The world would be a better place with more people like you and less of others trying to take a dollar. Karma will prevail, it always does. Thanks for sharing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Looking for Cincinnati Reds Game Used.....Please help me !!! kentuckywildcatzz@hotmail.com

If the person is a member of this forum the moderators should get involved. Members have been banned for lesser offenses.

There's no excuse for that type of harassement which borders on criminal.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.