Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Question Game-Ready vs. Light Use

Hey Guys,

Some recent threads on GUU about game-ready vs. lightly used items have got me thinking. What is your personal criteria for describing a bat (or another item) as lightly used vs. game ready? People may throw around the word "game-used" a little too frequently, I understand. But what do you think the difference is?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Re: Game-Ready vs. Light Use

Game read on a bat to me is proper number on knob with no use.

I think ready is if it has number on knob, tape (if applicable), and light pine tar perhaps. Use is heavy tar, darkening of the tape, ball-dirt marks, etc.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

I rarely, if ever, hear the term "game ready", I do however hear "game issued" a lot

I have a bat on eBay right now and I am saying that it is "game issued" because it doesn't show any use at all.
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

It's all just words. Way too many people get caught up in words these days, and they don't do enough intuitive research on their own.

In reality, there's no way to know what was made and issued to a player or team, vs. what was made as a display piece or sample, or just made by a brazen employee on the line and snuck out the back door.

If anyone gets too caught up in buzz words...

1)they're probably gonna be let down in a big way some day, and more importantly,
    2) they're missing the point that collecting is really something that should be done for hobby and enjoyment.

All IMHO...

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Hey Guys,

Some recent threads on GUU about game-ready vs. lightly used items have got me thinking. What is your personal criteria for describing a bat (or another item) as lightly used vs. game ready? People may throw around the word "game-used" a little too frequently, I understand. But what do you think the difference is?