Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Oakland A's Fan Fest 2009!!

Is Matt Holliday signing?

I don't think they've released the info on who's signing yet. Manny

Quote Originally Posted by spartakid View Post
    Has anyone ever gotten a game used helmet, cleats, fielding glove, or catchers gear at a past A's fan fest? If so of who. Ricardo
    At the actual fanfest I have never seen fielding gloves or catchers gear. I believe they have done helmets in the past. They do auction off catchers gear, helmets and occasionally cleats during their home games every weekend. As far as cleats for the most part the A's run a baseball academy in the dominican republic and all the cleats that are left in the clubhouse at the end of the season get shipped down there for those kids.

The fanfest will mostly have jersey's, bats and locker nameplates.

If only 10 people get in at a time, isn't there a concern that they'll buy all the good stuff? Or what if they spend all day in there and never leave? I've never been...so any thoughts on what to expect would be great

Yes, that's part of the problem, the first people tend to buy dozens of items, and last year there was no limit. The only option is basically to be one of the first ten in line! I don't think they've ever had a problem with people lingering in there, usually people know what they want and are out in ten or fifteen minutes, it may be fifteen at a time, I can't recall exactly, but I know they only allow a certain number of people in at a time. Ricardo

If you wouldn't mind telling me, how much have you spent at the fanfest in the past years? I'm trying to decide how much money I should put aside. I knowit all depends on what you spend but just an average would be great. thanks, Manny

jersey's will be between 150 and 600 depending on who your looking for. Bats 40-200 also depending on who your looking for. Helmets will run you around 100+ if they even have any and locker room plates will be like 15 bucks a piece. If you buy alot of stuff Voos (Steve Vucinich the equipment manager for the A's) will usually give you a decent discount.

If they have any available, can someone please pick up a Jerry Blevins locker tag for me if they are under $20 or $25

Thanks
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Who's going? Just seeing how many people from the forum are going, because so far I think this is the most poular fan fest thread. Ricardo

I may fly up from Phoenix for the weekend and hit the fanfest up, haven't decided yet I will see how things go during spring training this year before I decide.