Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Oakland A's Fan Fest 2009!!

Seeking a white or green #16 Jay Payton jersey or any Payton helmet..thanks in advance, Jay
    ldonalds@columbus.rr.com

I'd like to get a #59 Andrew Brown 2008 BLACK alternate jersey. Barring that, I'd like a reasonably priced black alternate in size 46 or 48.
    Thanks,
    Mark
    bigtime39@aol.com

Smile Re: Oakland A's Fan Fest 2009!!

Has anyone ever gotten a game used helmet, cleats, fielding glove, or catchers gear at a past A's fan fest? If so of who. Ricardo

I just want to throw it out there that I'm willing to drop $500 on a Hannahan game used jersey and likewise pay high for any other Hannahan game used stuff.

Thanks!

Chris
    staindsox@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by spartakid View Post
    Has anyone ever gotten a game used helmet, cleats, fielding glove, or catchers gear at a past A's fan fest? If so of who. Ricardo
    At the actual fanfest I have never seen fielding gloves or catchers gear. I believe they have done helmets in the past. They do auction off catchers gear, helmets and occasionally cleats during their home games every weekend. As far as cleats for the most part the A's run a baseball academy in the dominican republic and all the cleats that are left in the clubhouse at the end of the season get shipped down there for those kids.

The fanfest will mostly have jersey's, bats and locker nameplates.

If only 10 people get in at a time, isn't there a concern that they'll buy all the good stuff? Or what if they spend all day in there and never leave? I've never been...so any thoughts on what to expect would be great

Yes, that's part of the problem, the first people tend to buy dozens of items, and last year there was no limit. The only option is basically to be one of the first ten in line! I don't think they've ever had a problem with people lingering in there, usually people know what they want and are out in ten or fifteen minutes, it may be fifteen at a time, I can't recall exactly, but I know they only allow a certain number of people in at a time. Ricardo

If you wouldn't mind telling me, how much have you spent at the fanfest in the past years? I'm trying to decide how much money I should put aside. I knowit all depends on what you spend but just an average would be great. thanks, Manny