Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: OT: Show off your original sports artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    We are an authorized representative art gallery and dealers for many artists of which Stephen Holland is one of them along with LeRoy Neiman, Charles Fazzino, Malcolm Farley, Opie Otterstad, Thomas Kinkade and many more.
    Andrew -

Malcolm lives here in the Denver area - I did his phone upgrade for Comcast about 2 1/2 years ago and got to chat with him quite extensively about his art and the process by which he creates it.

For those who aren't familiar with Malcolm, his art invokes a very LeRoy Neiman feel... also, he does LIVE art - meaning he has been invited to many Superbowls, World Series, All Star Games, Awards shows, etc and he paints LIVE as the event is unfolding in front of him.

My brother is an artist in Tucson, AZ (no sports art - sorry guys - he mostly does commercial art and graphics for advertising now) and when I told Malcolm that, he let me hang out for a few minutes to watch him work on a commissioned piece he was working on.

All the best -

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Andrew -

Malcolm lives here in the Denver area - I did his phone upgrade for Comcast about 2 1/2 years ago and got to chat with him quite extensively about his art and the process by which he creates it.

For those who aren't familiar with Malcolm, his art invokes a very LeRoy Neiman feel... also, he does LIVE art - meaning he has been invited to many Superbowls, World Series, All Star Games, Awards shows, etc and he paints LIVE as the event is unfolding in front of him.

My brother is an artist in Tucson, AZ (no sports art - sorry guys - he mostly does commercial art and graphics for advertising now) and when I told Malcolm that, he let me hang out for a few minutes to watch him work on a commissioned piece he was working on.

All the best -

Chris
    Yep, actually spoke to Malcolm's friend a few days ago as Malcolm travels a lot to his home in Mexico now.

Malcolm did an amazing art show years ago for the Mastercard Greatest Moments in Baseball.

He is great to watch painting live as I have seen him do a few times.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Banned

I have a couple of Longordo's, including one of Brooks Robinson, one of my favorite players of all-time.

I also enjoy Vernon Wells (father of Vernon Wells III). I have an original Bagwell airbrush from the mid-1990s. I also have a print of the Bagwell/Biggio combo.

Thanks,

Banned

Forgot to mention. I helped out with an auction for a Lutheran church event known as Front Row with Craig Biggio in early 2007. I was invited on short notice and was given a ticket for the dinner and auction. My wife couldn't go because of the single ticket. Well, Opie Otterstad happened to also be there with a new Craig Biggio release, one of which was being auctioned. Opie was also by himself and we ended up sitting next to each other at the "singled" table off to the side. He was freaking hilarious to be around! I couldn't even tell you what Biggio said during his on stage interview/discussion. Of course he was wearing his famous green hat and jacket. Opie did an awesome piece after Craig's 3000th Hit that has a face of each 3000th Hit member. One of the best! I am still searching for even a print!

Quote Originally Posted by eGameUsed View Post
    Forgot to mention. I helped out with an auction for a Lutheran church event known as Front Row with Craig Biggio in early 2007. I was invited on short notice and was given a ticket for the dinner and auction. My wife couldn't go because of the single ticket. Well, Opie Otterstad happened to also be there with a new Craig Biggio release, one of which was being auctioned. Opie was also by himself and we ended up sitting next to each other at the "singled" table off to the side. He was freaking hilarious to be around! I couldn't even tell you what Biggio said during his on stage interview/discussion. Of course he was wearing his famous green hat and jacket. Opie did an awesome piece after Craig's 3000th Hit that has a face of each 3000th Hit member. One of the best! I am still searching for even a print!
    I had to Post this pic of Opie. He loves wearing cool hats and really looks like an artist!

Name:  Opie_sm.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  224.2 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

It's been a very long time since I've tried to paint anything, but I busted this out over the weekend. After seeing this thread, I figured I'd give it a shot.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Thanks,
    Jimmy

Email:
    jamesbrandt24 at yahoo.com

Drawing of Ryan Garko's Bowman Heritage RC

I just got my first piece of sports art, its a hand painted Jeter signed baseball done by Charles Fazzino. This is a one of kind original baseball. With the help of a great forum, I was able to get this done.(He can chime in if he wants to.) A great big thanks to him!!! Steiner offered baseballs similar to this a few years back, but those where done in a limited addition and all had the same design. this baseball has its own unique design. The LOA also stats one of a kind, in the description. The are painted with cheers for Jeter and also have his achievements painted threw out, such as 2000 WS MVP, 96 ROY, 11xAS, and 5xWS champ. I'm very happy to have this!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Quote Originally Posted by jetersbatboy View Post
    I just got my first piece of sports art, its a hand painted Jeter signed baseball done by Charles Fazzino. This is a one of kind original baseball. With the help of a great forum, I was able to get this done.(He can chime in if he wants to.) A great big thanks to him!!! Steiner offered baseballs similar to this a few years back, but those where done in a limited addition and all had the same design. this baseball has its own unique design. The LOA also stats one of a kind, in the description. The are painted with cheers for Jeter and also have his achievements painted threw out, such as 2000 WS MVP, 96 ROY, 11xAS, and 5xWS champ. I'm very happy to have this!!!!!
    nice piece. so did you contribute to the ideas on the baseball or did you let Fazzino just do his thing. how much do these cost, if you do not mind me asking. I may want to get something done similar.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

I've shown off my Matt Holliday 8" x 10" Original Oil painting that was used to make his 2005 DonRuss Diamond King card before... here are my latest pick-ups...

From the 2010 Topps National Chicle Set and directly from the Topps Vault:

Troy Tulowitzki Base Card Original Art:

Eric Young Jr Base Card Original Art:

Eric Young Jr SP Card Original Art:

Hope you enjoy!

- Chris

P.S. - That Jeter Ball is pretty awesome!