Hello Everyone,

While I know this question doesn't relate to game used memorabilia, I was hoping to get some opinions on another form of sports collectible. I was at the All-Star FanFest yesterday in San Francisco and ran into an exhibitor I met at the SportsFest last month. The company sells sports art and had, among other things, a number of great pieces by Stephen Holland (in fact, the new Holland Pujols piece in particular caught my eye).

I was just wondering what collectors thought of sports art as a collectible (given a number of these pieces are limited editions I am presuming they are considered collectible). Does anyone buy/collect sports art? If not, is the main deterrent cost, space or something else? I see how much money people are willing to spend on a sports cards (in many cases a photo on a piece of cardboard) and was wondering what collectors thought about purchasing sports art.

Thanks in advance for your replies. I am very intrigued by this medium and would love to know what others thought of it.

-Chris