Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Slightly OT: Sports Art - Any Opinions?

Now, now gentlemen, an art critic, like myself, knows he is friendless. It is a thankless job, but necessary. Especially, in the world of sports.

I spoke with Hef just the other day and he and the girls, especially Kendra, love LeRoy's body of work. Pastels add just the kind of grittiness an artist needs for a good football image. I personally like the boxing pictures in pastels, they are so realistic, they almost scare me.

As far as the other comment I made, please excuse my insensitivity. Now if you can paint that what's-his-name Chicago White Sox pitcher in pastels, well, you may have something there.

I'm sure Dave at Mastroauctions would enjoy it very much.

Quote Originally Posted by eGameUsed View Post
    I have a Vernon Wells original of Craig Biggio and a litho of the Biggio/Bagwell combo. Both are incredible! His airbursh looks like photographs.
    Does anyone have a copy of the Detroit Lions version from this set, or perhaps a link to other team images from the set. Not a Lions fan (who would admit that they were right now?) but may have had one of the these. Would like a Dolphins version if one exists?

Thanks..chris
    WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by b.heagy View Post
    Love those prints ! Got one myself.
    Bill,

Nice pickup. I've never seen a Steelers print before. Very cool.

OT: Show off your original sports artwork.

You guys must have original sports artwork. If so, please post pics...I would love to see them. Tell me also who your artist was.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Re: OT: Show off your original sports artwork.

One of the things about posting art work is that a picture doesn't do it justice.

Here is a painting I commissioned of the Washington Nationals titled "Father's Day Walk Off" The artist is Opie Otterstad who does amazing vintage paintings and sports celebration pieces. It measures about 40x30 inches and the picture I took is not great.

Name:  zim_FathersDayWalkoff.JPG
Views: 920
Size:  94.2 KB

Here are a bunch of my originals on my art website.

http://www.allstarsart.com/Search.aspx?Keyword=original

This is a HR Derby piece on a mini-Homeplate by an artist named Charles Fazzino.

Name:  fazzino_hr_derby_base.jpg
Views: 911
Size:  183.2 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Les -

Not sure who the artist is (I can always look on the piece) but the is the Original Oil Painting that Matt Holliday's 2005 Diamond King Card was made from:

And me with Matt the day he signed the matte:

The Nick Swisher and a few others like this SOLD for over $1,500 each - unsigned!

Now these two aren't 'originals', but one is an Artist's Proof (10 made) and one is a Hobby Proof (500 made)... the Hobby Proof has a BV of $250... so what is the Artist's Proof worth???

All the best -

Christopher R Smith (Smitty)

I should add that the Ryan pieces are signed by the Artist - C Paulsen - and they are the artwork used for the Nolan Ryan 1990 Bowman Art Insert.

I originally went to college for Art. It's Dale Earnhardt Jr. and I drew it like 6 years ago. Pencil drawing and then painted with oil pastels. Hope you like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    I originally went to college for Art. It's Dale Earnhardt Jr. and I drew it like 6 years ago. Pencil drawing and then painted with oil pastels. Hope you like it.
    I did that same style drawing for my art class, I had to do a superhero and my choices were limited. Can be seen in this picture.

By Southern California artist Niles Palmer. Original oil painting circa 1971 purchased at the Laguna Beach Arts festival in 1971 or 1972. If I remember correctly, it is Pete Rose sliding into second base avoiding Dave Cash's tag. 18 inches by 24 inches.
    Mike Jackitout7@aol.com
    Attached Images Attached Images