Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Re: OT - Sports Paintings & Illustrations

Thanks so much for the kind words, RJ - the same to you and yours!

Godwulf, I definitely do more modern stuff, though the majority of the commissions I get are for stuff from the golden era. I am trying very much to make some more modern ones for myself though, if only to have a more well balanced portfolio. The Olympic shot would make a wonderful addition to that idea.

For now, I am certainly trying to get more with the latter part of the century. I have a painting of the 1976 Reds that I'm working on as we speak...type...you know what I mean.

Thanks again!

Graig

Graig,

I've been an artist for a dozen years or so. Looking at your work, I am simply amazed at the way you capture their Chi. There is such emotion and feeling in their expressions. I am in awe.

I can't afford your talent money wise but thanks for sharing it with the rest of us

Matt
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Graig,

Amazing paintings! I'm not an artist, so maybe its the "chi" Gingi is talking about....but the paintings have more feeling and detail to them than photographs. Great work and keep sharing.

John

Anyone heard of LaVern Brock? Does some pretty cool stuff with baseball cards:

Name:  gwynn1.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  245.4 KB

Name:  gwynn11.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  244.9 KB

Hey, not even in the same league as Graig's paintings, of course, but...Topps auctioned off this original artwork (signed by Gonzo) several years ago, and I was the winning bidder. It was later featured in an SI article on 'odd collectibles".

Whoa, thanks for all of the really kind words, guys - I sincerely appreciate them all. I'm just supremely grateful that y'all have any positive response to it all, as it's still so weird for me to put it all out there. I guess that's the insecure artist talking...and man, he can be loud.

Graig

Stellar work! I love the Strawberry, it looks almost real.

Thanks a bunch, Dach0sen0ne! I'm glad you dig the work!

Every time I look at "Ty Cobb, 4/14/08", I could swear that I see Cobb and the umpire actually moving. Cobb is almost vibrating with the tension of being about to swing, and the umpire's body is tensed and just about to take a small step forward. Incredible!

Smile Re: OT - Sports Paintings & Illustrations

Thank you so much, godwulf - that's quite the compliment!!! One of the main things I really strive for is creating a believable space and atmosphere with light and color, but an image having motion and fluidity is definitely a close second. I'm really glad you think it works!

Graig