Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Grey Flannel Auction - What did you win?

Has anyone received email verification that you were the winner? Just wondering how long it takes to hear from GF. Thanks for the help.

Mike

Thanks for the link.

He was quiet, unassuming. Kind of happy that folks remembered him and happy to have been a Yankee.

Quote Originally Posted by nomarmauerfan View Post
    Has anyone received email verification that you were the winner? Just wondering how long it takes to hear from GF. Thanks for the help.

Mike
    Never mind. I just saw it on the website that they mail you an invoice.

Mike

I just clicked on my account and printed off an invoice. It's already in the mail.

Ken

I won the 2004 Tiki Barber for $275 plus 20% to make it $330. Even if it is team issued it is worth more than that to me. I was surprised at many low bids. The economy is letting buyers get some good pieces for low prices.

Scott

i agree, there have been a lot of posts regarding the economy and is it affecting gu. well i think the real high end items still did well, but the more common modern stuff took a big beating. i consigned 2 items and am very disappointed in the outcomes.

Quote Originally Posted by dcgreg25 View Post
    With the Grey Flannel Auction closing last night I was wondering what some of the board members picked up in the auction. I ended up with some nice Indians Jerseys (Ramirez & Omar Vizquel TATC)
    Greg,

I am hoping you can comment on this being that you bought 2 TATC Indians jerseys last night. Is there a tell-tale sign on the jersey that makes it obvious that it is a game worn jersey and not a retail authentic with custom lettering.

Refer to the link below...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Indians-Authenti...2em118Q2el1247

Center Star Sports does a fantastic job with the lettering on blank retail authentics, using the same exact silver glitter twill material and the same font. I have several jerseys that have been lettered this way, and they are all great unique pieces within my niche TATC collection. What scares me is what if one of these jerseys somehow makes it out into the market with the guise of "rare game used jersey"? Is there any way you could tell the difference?

Thanks,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    I just clicked on my account and printed off an invoice. It's already in the mail.

Ken
    Ken,
    Thank you very much. You just saved me a lot of time. I appreciate the help.

Mike

Outbid on a couple basketball items at like 2:30am including that game worn Baron Davis jersey with the NBA LOA!

Nick, I did some extensive research to address just that issue before bidding on the jerseys. I was able to actually track down some video from the actual game and did some extensive matching as it relates to placement, spacing etc. on the backs of the jerseys.

Grey Flannel was also helpful as it relates to answering questions about the consigner/sourcing for the jerseys and they do come with a COA from the team. However, I did not just rely on that as the Indians team COA's range from being completely generic to being very specific. I actually called the team and got some good questions answered. I dug deep enough that I was comfortable enough to buy the jerseys. I will post some more on this project in the near future once I receive the jerseys and take close up pics, etc. Thanks.