Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Let's See Some Recent Acquisitions

We need more show and tell here. I picked up 12 pennants yesterday at the local antique mall...5 were baseball...two really nice Kansas City A's, 3 Bazooka pennants...a Wm Volker Tiger Cubs Pennant??? What is that? Anyone know? and the rest were all NFL c1970's pennants.

Re: Let's See Some Recent Acquisitions

Wm. Volker was a manufacturing company out of Kansas, MO. A lot of their buildings still stand and have been converted to high class offices and condos. I'm guessing it was just their factory team

Thanks Jamie...I tried Google and couldn't find anything...That makes sense since there were two A's, and Two Chiefs pennants in the lot I bought.

Here's a few of my pick-ups. I also managed to complete a 30 year run of Red Sox schedules (1977-2006). I'm trying to go back to 1943- the year my dad was born.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Not a major find, but did acquire 13 of the 24 '69 Topps Team Posters at an estate auction Friday..I always liked these, bright colors, several star players pictured on most-make great display items..Slide, those are some great KC pennants!

Some additions to my pinback collection and a Cubs pennant. I'm particularly excited about the Red Sox pin C 1910. It was in a strange place on ebay and a real bargain for $9.00. P. Muchinsky said he doesn't have it, which makes it scarce in my book.

Mike, nice pickup....I've never seen the Red Sox pinback before. A steal at $9. Interesting that around 1910 the whole country was using that prase "Oh You"...it was quite a phenomenon for the time considering that there was no radio or TV. I love that Orange Cubbies pinback also.

Like the pins A LOT mike. Nice assortment. I think the Red Sox pin is huge pickup for only $9.

Thanks fellas. I was leaving on vacation during that auction and had to bid with four days to go. I was certain someone would snipe it (I do a bit of that from time to time). It closed for with no additional bids. It has a paper perfections cigarette ad on the back. The others are all ebay pickups as well.

Are you moving your focus to pinbacks or have you been collecting them a while now?