I have a few questions about older game worn basketball jerseys and I figured this was the best place to ask. First of all, is there a big difference in collectability between home jerseys and away jerseys? Does one usually bring more value than the other or are they usually fairly equal?

Secondly, I was curious if anyone knows about how many jerseys players would usually go through per season during the mid 80's (85/86 to 87/88) and the mid 90's (95/96 to 97/98)? I imagine it's not like today where players are getting new jerseys very often. I know there won't be an exact answer to this question but a good estimate would suffice.
In addition to this, were game worn jerseys from the 80's kept by collectors as often as today's jerseys? Are 80's jerseys relatively common to find on the market or are they somewhat rare?

And finally, when did teams start issuing more jerseys to players so that they could sell them as collectibles? I know the Bulls started doing this with Jordan jerseys in the 90's (issuing him a new jersey almost every game and auctioning them off for charity and the like), but I wasn't sure if all teams started doing this in the 90's or if this was just the Bulls due to the immense popularity of MJ.

Thanks in advance for any and all help you can provide.