Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Talking Re: AMI: 1990 Canseco World-Series jersey

Rudy,

I was just going off the Getty photo and the fact that you can't see the top of the jersey (IE: the two buttons up there).

So consensus sounds like this is a "good" jersey!?!

Thanks,
    Roger

Re: AMI: 1990 Canseco World-Series jersey

for whatever it's worth, i know that the A's took their regular season jerseys into the World Series in 1990.

now that both kim stigall and juan iglesias have confirmed that a size 50 is appropriate for a canseco world-series gamer, i have no issues with the size. juan's explanation that jose took a larger size to compensate for wearing thicker undershirts in the colder october road games in cincinnati makes complete sense.

i'm not sure if this is the same shirt that GFC sold years ago. if it's not the same shirt, then i'm not overly fond of the idea that there are 2 1990 world-series road gamers out there. the A's only played in 2 road games in the '90 world series. did canseco really wear 2 different jerseys for those 2 road games? the GFC one was not autographed whereas the AMI jersey is. it could still be the same shirt. perhaps the AMI shirt is the one that kim stigall sold with the A's team letter. either way, i think it's likely a very nice shirt and i wouldn't have a problem bidding on it at this point.

rudy.