Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Re: Show me your Game Used NFL Helmet

Quote Originally Posted by favrenvikes09 View Post
    I have this one incoming from a member of the boards that through some alumni help was able to get it from AJ. I cant wait to get it and post some more pics of it. Thanks to Justin Zwick and perlman9.

AJ Hawk signed and inscribed game used helmet from 1/3/2010 vs Arizona

Wow, you never see much get out of GB as far as current equipment. Nice find. But arent you a vikes fan?
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Quote Originally Posted by favrenvikes09 View Post
    I have this one incoming from a member of the boards that through some alumni help was able to get it from AJ. I cant wait to get it and post some more pics of it. Thanks to Justin Zwick and perlman9. AJ Hawk signed and inscribed game used helmet from 1/3/2010 vs Arizona.
    if you've already paid for this helmet i hope the people you purchased it from will give you a full and immediate refund, including s&h - if you haven't already paid for it keep your money. this helmet doesn't come close to being an authentic a.j. hawk game used helmet - in fact imo it's not even an authentic packers gamer. looks like a typical retail helmet signed by hawk to which someone added the game used notations...

robert

for the heck of it, here's a shot of a.j. during that 01/03/10 game - pretty obvious that it's not the same helmet, not even close...

robert

Quote Originally Posted by aeneas01 View Post
    if you've already paid for this helmet i hope the people you purchased it from will give you a full and immediate refund, including s&h - if you haven't already paid for it keep your money. this helmet doesn't come close to being an authentic a.j. hawk game used helmet - in fact imo it's not even an authentic packers gamer. looks like a typical retail helmet signed by hawk to which someone added the game used notations...

When I first saw this post last night, the thing that struck me was the handwriting from the signature and the 'game used inscription' were so different (other than cursive vs printing).

Perlman had sent me photos of this helmet. When I stated that it was not a Hawk helmet, and not a Packers GU helmet - due to several problems, a miracle took place.

One of the five or six problems that I described to him, was the lack of the upper chinstrap holes - that Hawk has worn every year while with the Packers. To days later...I received a photo. The helmet now has the upper chinstrap holes, complete with snaps, even though Hawk and the majority of Packers have their chinstraps secured in the upper position with screws.

As the Packers are the good Lord's favorite team, miracles do happen...

Now if the Riddell Z2B was removed and a T-ROPO-DW replaced along with a gel Adams Pro 100D, a triple stripe, removal of the factory Riddell proline warning label, the proper decals applied, and the silly #50 identifier on the interior of the helmet removed, he may have something. I just wish the person that wrote the inscription on the rear wasn't so nervous and shook so badly...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Jim:

Congrats.

Now that you have the Rams suspension, the GBP RK will most likely get kicked to the curb. I will watch for it on ebay and bid on it.

Quote Originally Posted by helmets View Post
    Perlman had sent me photos of this helmet. When I stated that it was not a Hawk helmet, and not a Packers GU helmet - due to several problems, a miracle took place... One of the five or six problems that I described to him, was the lack of the upper chinstrap holes - that Hawk has worn every year while with the Packers. To days later...I received a photo. The helmet now has the upper chinstrap holes, complete with snaps, even though Hawk and the majority of Packers have their chinstraps secured in the upper position with screws...
    so, in a nutshell:

1. favrenvikes09 shows the forum a photo of an "aj hawk game used helmet" he recently purchased from perlman9 - a helmet favrenvikes09 is very much looking forward to receiving.

2. "helmets" sees the photo, catches the many problems with the helmet (including the lack of a highpoint chinstrap fastener) and emails perlman9 about these issues.

3. perlman9 then sends "helmets" a photo of the same helmet, but this time around the helmet is fitted with highpoint chinstrap fasteners (albeit the wrong type). in other words perlman9 (or someone he is in contact with), in response to "helmets" email, drilled holes into the helmet and added snaps in an attempt to better match what hawk actually wore.

4. and throughout this process perlman9 has maintained the helmet is aj hawk's gamer from the packers' 01/03/10 playoff game against the cardinals.

perlman9, do you want to chime in?

left photo: originally posted by favrenvikes09, no highpoint chinstrap fastener.
    center photo: hawk's gamer showing the highpoint fastener.
    right photo: same helmet favrenvilkes09 posted but with highpoint fasteners perlman9 added after the fact...

anyway, as mentioned before, this helmet is nothing more than a retail lid autographed by hawk that someone then added a game used inscription to...

robert

Banned

Hey just to let everyone know Jason has been very helpful to me and helping me determine it wasn't game used. He was essentially the middle man in the process and its not his helmet, he was trying to get the helmet from AJ charity through a source for me and all these photos arent his. They are photos sent to him by that Justin guy I breifly referenced. I basically made the mistake of rushing to post its a legitmate helmet and making Jason look like a knucklehead when I should have done some additional homework regarding the decals, chinstrap, etc. Jason and I have worked out a refund or possible alternate type of deal. He wasnt trying to sell me anything bogus or fake and wanted to make sure he had a legitimate item before anything was finalized and shipped.

Sure.. I was trying to be helpful getting a helmet for someone. I received the money to get the helmet and posted photos. when questions were raised, I kept asking more questions of the person responsible for getting the helmet (i didn't actually see the helmet until this morning). I took all concerns about the helmet seriously and when I found out the issues offered a full refund (which would leave ME out them money but know its the right thing to do). I trusted someone to get an item they said they could and unfortunately put my trust in someone I thought I could and it bit me in the ass. At no point did I try to get the buyer to keep the helmet nor am I. I am personally going to be taking a big loss which is why I will only stick to collecting for myself rather then help others get something as it just doesn't seem to be worth it, unfortunately. A bad lesson to learn but one that shows no matter who says something is legit you just can't seem to trust anyone. But again, I never saw the helmet personally until today and am trying to get a refund from the charity but will probably end up with a big loss and unfortunately have become more jaded that I really ever wanted to be

Keith Ellison

headset sticker. It was orginally on the outside.

This is the best picture that I could find of red mark on the chin strap.