Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Re: Show me your Game Used NFL Helmet

hello NFL helmet collectors
    i need some tips about the helmets

i did got three used helmets from a guy who used to work for LA RAIDERS

seahawks easley used helmet but dont know what year its from

Raiders throwback 1994 game ready helmet with marker on back 4 K

jets 1990 game used mcmillan helmet

the question i am asking you about three or four helmets i am not sure of buying ...

chargers 1988 blue rawlings helmet with "box like blue facemasks" this facemask only used few years in late 80s, my opinion they are ugly looking facemasks in football history....haha
    chargers helmet doesnt have white numbers on the back of the helmet ...

vikings purple helmet with purple facemasks the same facemask as chargers but in QB style

buffalo bills helmet from 90s and the seller claims its bruce smith helmet and i didnt believe him because he said the 1994 raiders helmet was marcus allens but he played for the KC chiefs in 1994

the bills helmet have AIR on the front of the helmet, i know players who worn air helmets doesnt have AIR on it ?? true ??? bills helmet doesnt have white numbers on the back of the helmet but it has NFL sticker on the back.

how can i find what year it is from etc and find proof that it is game used ??
    pls help me
    lmk
    thanks
    marcus
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Quote Originally Posted by mchmaj View Post

the question i am asking you about three or four helmets i am not sure of buying ...

chargers 1988 blue rawlings helmet with "box like blue facemasks" this facemask only used few years in late 80s, my opinion they are ugly looking facemasks in football history....haha

vikings purple helmet with purple facemasks the same facemask as chargers but in QB style

buffalo bills helmet from 90s and the seller claims its bruce smith helmet and i didnt believe him because he said the 1994 raiders helmet was marcus allens but he played for the KC chiefs in 1994

the bills helmet have AIR on the front of the helmet, i know players who worn air helmets doesnt have AIR on it ?? true ??? bills helmet doesnt have white numbers on the back of the helmet but it has NFL sticker on the back.

pls help me
    lmk
    thanks
    marcus
    Hi Marcus,

Judging from some of the photos you've posted already, the Seahawks and Raiders helmets look like they may be real game used helmets. It's hard to tell unless there are photos to study. But from my experience, there are some things to look for to determine if a helmet is game used. It is always helpful to check the inside of the helmet and look for player ID numbers or dymo tape with player names and numbers. Some of the 80s era helmets have distinct date codes on the inside upper part of the helmet, usually a round imprint that has a month and year date code. And sometimes the inside has reconditioning stickers and warning stickers that show the date. Also, look for game wear on the outside of the helmets. If there are gashes and evidence of helmet-to-helmet contact on the outside (particularly the forehead area), this suggests game wear/use. Also check the Getty Images website and look for photos of NFL teams, and this can help you get a sense of what the players have worn each season, and you can compare that way too.

yeah i looked inside seahawks helmet it have #45 and easley in it, what a surprise !!!
    i checked jets helmet and inside says 1990.....
    no luck with raiders helmet because i cant find anything inside
    i did checked gettyimages for raiders and they worn throwback uniforms twice during 1994 season and i found few players wearing the same facemask....

anything for vikings, bills and chargers helmets ??i am going to check them out in person this sat .....

yeah i looked inside seahawks helmet it have #45 and easley in it, what a surprise !!!
    i checked jets helmet and inside says 1990.....
    no luck with raiders helmet because i cant find anything inside
    i did checked gettyimages for raiders and they worn throwback uniforms twice during 1994 season and i found few players wearing the same facemask....

anything for vikings, bills and chargers helmets ??i am going to check them out in person this sat .....
    I know quite a bit about Vikings helmets (that's why I am Vikingshelmetguty!), and I think I could help you to figure out the Vikings helmet. I would need to see a photo of the helmet to figure out if it is the real deal or not... Let me know if you want my e-mail, or you can post a photo here on GUU.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikingshelmetguy View Post
    I know quite a bit about Vikings helmets (that's why I am Vikingshelmetguty!), and I think I could help you to figure out the Vikings helmet. I would need to see a photo of the helmet to figure out if it is the real deal or not... Let me know if you want my e-mail, or you can post a photo here on GUU.
    sure that will be great
    pls email me marchrisyr@gmail.com

the facemask i am talking about ... what is it called ??
    heres picture

that same facemask that the chargers rawlings helmet has.
    same facemask on vikings helmet but its in QB style no center bar from top to bottom of the helmet

lmk !
    thanks
    marcus

pls help me
    lmk
    thanks
    marcus

Is that mcmillan helmet for sale? I have a rookie era game used jersey that would go great with it. Also I know him and his father who played for the cards back in the 60's thru 70's. Please lmk as that would be cool if we could work a deal for it.

I could not resist digging into my savings to get another game used 2009 Vikings helmet from JO Sports. Here are some photos of my new Drew Radovich Minnesota Vikings helmet that I just purchased from JO Sports. It is the first Riddell Revolution helmet in my collection. This helmet surprised me by how big and heavy it is. It is a very substantial and impressive helmet. I am thrilled to own it! I must compliment JO Sports. My purchase from JO Sports was fast, easy and pleasant. They shipped the helmet immediately. And the helmet comes with a nice packet of materials and certificates of authenticity. JO Sports was professional and first-class in every way.

Nice helmet.

Who did you say you got it from?

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    Nice helmet.

Who did you say you got it from?
    I guess I went a little overboard with my compliments to JO Sports....