Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: Show me your Game Used NFL Helmet

Quote Originally Posted by aeneas01 View Post
    princip -

here are some photos i dug up from my database - i haven't had a chance to take a close look at all of them but some are definitely gamers. and i'm sure more than a few are from you site...

sold for $1,700

sold for $259

Thanks robert. The first one shown is suspect since the decal is very much wrong.

Do you have any more pictures/information for the one that was sold for $1,700? It looks to be the real deal, since the decal was positioned that way in 1976 for a lot of the helmets. However, must be from a lesser known player, probably defensive back, since the facemask preferred that year was the Dungard 210, or, BD-9.

That last one, I believe belonged to Brian Peets, yet, was used in a museum setup to commemorate the expansion teams of '76. Thus there are some weird holes drilled into it for display purposes.

Thanks robert. The first one shown is suspect since the decal is very much wrong.

Was referring to this one:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/aeneas1/115x1.jpg

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/principm/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-6.jpg[/IMG]

This is the same helmet; i.e. possibly #88 Brian Peets:

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/principm/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-7.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/principm/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-8.jpg[/IMG]

yeah, those are the same helmet. as far as the $1,700 lid is concerned, it was sold as a largent gamer - here's the only other photo i have of it...

robert

yeah, those are the same helmet. as far as the $1,700 lid is concerned, it was sold as a largent gamer - here's the only other photo i have of it...

I don't doubt it's a Largent, well maybe I do, until further proof. Only because, if this were the mask that he wore, at the time acquired, it was from the 1981-82 season. Thus, The decal placement is suspect, since, I've only seen them placed that low the first year, '76? Could be a different mask was put on, etc. etc. Nice, none the less. Thanks for posting these Robert. Might put this one up on my site as a 1976 helmet, w/Clip On 1 OPO Mask, and player unknown.

you are spot on about the low positioning of the side decals - something the seahawks abandoned pretty quickly. speaking of largent - he must hold the nfl all-time record for most facemask styles used in a career! honestly, what was up with that? is there even a close second?

robert

My Chad Pennington game helmet...

you are spot on about the low positioning of the side decals - something the seahawks abandoned pretty quickly. speaking of largent - he must hold the nfl all-time record for most facemask styles used in a career! honestly, what was up with that? is there even a close second?

Lofton? Just guessing...

Here is one for you..."Future Hall of Famer"...Bruce Smith.
    1990 Game Used - worn in Superbowl and Probowl. Schutt Air Power.

In addition Robert, I have not found any good images of Smith from the SB. You have a knack for that. There is a pretty good red mark on the stripe of the helmet. Here is a photo of that.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by helmets View Post
    ...There is a pretty good red mark on the stripe of the helmet. Here is a photo of that.
    Sorry, I hit submit instead of preview -
    Robert can you do me a favor in your spare time (ha!) and look for an image or two for me.

Quote Originally Posted by helmets View Post
    Sorry, I hit submit instead of preview -
    Robert can you do me a favor in your spare time (ha!) and look for an image or two for me.
    what's the date code in the helmet?
    robert