Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Re: Show me your Game Used NFL Helmet

Quote Originally Posted by aeneas01 View Post
    this is your site, right? great stuff featured...

http://www.greenglare.com/

Yep, that's it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nyjetsfan14 View Post
    Whoa...we're putting Witten in Canton already??? I mean it is a neat helmet but maybe we should wait until he makes a big play in a playoff game (one they actually win) before we give him the jacket...
    I was wondering how many would question my wording. I don't much like the Cowboys, but let's face it - he is a lock if he stays healthy. Playoffs don't really matter when it comes to the Hall of Fame. How many big plays did Charlie Sanders make in the playoffs? Here is a rundown on all of the HOF Tight Ends.

Dave Casper 9yr.....378rec.....5,216yds..... 52TD
    Mike Ditka 12..... 427.....5,812.....43
    John Mackey 10.....331.....5,236.....38
    Ozzie Newsome 13.....662.....7,980.....47
    Charlie Sanders 10.....336.....4,817.....31
    Kellen Winslow 9.....541.....6,741.....45
    Jackie Smith 16.....480.....7,918.....40

It should be noted that Smith caught a total of 20 passes combined in his last 4 years.

Witten has played 5 1/2 years. His stats look like this

He has more receptions than Sanders, Mackey, and Casper, and will pass Ditka by the end of the year.

If he plays 10 years, and stays healthy, his statistics should be around the following:

More receptions and yards than any of them that are currently in the Hall of Fame. That is just over a 10 year career. With Romo under center, he is likely to maintain those numbers if he stays healthy, vs having a relic for a current QB like Favre. Sorry Jet Lover, he is a lock, big plays in playoffs or not.

Give him the jacket...

The game is different than when most of those tight ends played... o be a hall of famer to me you have to be dominant and at least at times the best and/or the most feared player on the field...

Witten is a good and maybe great tight end, but he is not head and shoulders above the rest...

I dont think he is going to catch Gonzalez... 12 ys... 853 rec... 10251yds... 73 TD

and isnt putting up the numbers of Gates... 6 yrs... 370 rec... 4765... 48 TD

He has had a great run so far and if he stays healthy and on a good passing team he has a chance, but to give out the jacket after 5 years is linsane... Football is simply too tough a game
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

i would say say looking at todd heaps numbers if he would have been healthy and had a qb he would be hof worthy.you also have to remember he played with shannon sharpe his rookie year so he learned from the best sorry to go off topic just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by helmets View Post
    ...vs having a relic for a current QB like Favre. Sorry Jet Lover, he is a lock, big plays in playoffs or not.
    LOL, way to make it personal hater . How did this become about Favre or the Jets? Sure, Witten projected out will have some nice numbers and a shot at the Hall as MANY players in the league would. But 5 years a HOF career does not make (a lot of things can happen on the back end of a career - just ask Terrell Davis) and you wrote he IS a HOFer. I simply said there is much work to be done for him and big games in which he needs to put his signature on, ala Kellen Winslow. I know how it is when you have a collection piece and want it to be a grand a possible.

Anyhow, you want a true Jets lover? How about some props for Mickey Shuler who amassed over 5,000 career receiving yards, 460+ receptions, and 37 TD's in his 14 year career. A two time Pro Bowler and was the best pass catching tight end in the league during the prime of his career. I'd put him in but I admit I am extremely biased. I would put in the entire 1968 Championship team, Joe Klecko, Mark Gastineau, Curtis Martin (who should be a lock) so on and so on. Good think I don't work for the HOF cuz that place would be draped in green and white. But I have my own Jets HOF, just no induction ceremonies

Fair enough.

Just ripping on your username a bit. As for Favre, I din't mean any disrespect, I simply was pointing out that with Romo, there is more stability down the road than with an older QB. Gonzalez was brought up, but look at who has been throwing to him the last few years. With a decent QB his numbers would be better. I was going to use Warner in my example, but they have Leinart, and Favre fit better with you being a Jets fan - or lover.

Didn't mean to get this thread off track.

Princip,

I would like to have the Shaun Alexander helmet if you ever want to part with it, sell or trade, please keep me in mind.

Attached are pictures of my Buffalo Bill's, Takeo Spikes from 2006 vs the Patriots. Also Micheal Vick's helmet worn every game in his last year, 2006.

Roger
    Attached Images Attached Images           

Quote Originally Posted by RKGIBSON View Post
    Princip,

I would like to have the Shaun Alexander helmet if you ever want to part with it, sell or trade, please keep me in mind.

Attached are pictures of my Buffalo Bill's, Takeo Spikes from 2006 vs the Patriots. Also Micheal Vick's helmet worn every game in his last year, 2006.

Roger

Thanks Roger,

Just so you know, not all of the helmets at my website(www.greenglare.com) are in my collection. Only, the ones with the similar backdrop; i.e. Jim Zorn, Tatupu, etc. are in my collection. My site's intention is for reference, ID, and nostalgia.

At the moment, I am looking for vintage Seahawks helmets only, 1976-79. If anyone has any for sale, or, trade I am interested. Pictures also, that I could put up on my website would be nice.

princip -

here are some photos i dug up from my database - i haven't had a chance to take a close look at all of them but some are definitely gamers. and i'm sure more than a few are from you site...

sold for $115

sold for $120

reached $150, reserve not met

sold for $160

sold for $165

sold for $1,700

sold for $195

sold for $199

sold for $200

sold for $200

sold for $220

sold for $259