Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: September Pick-Ups

Quote Originally Posted by Danny899 View Post
    Rudy,
    That's a real nice Jays jersey with some great wear. Devon White was one of the more graceful outfielders. What would you value a Blue Jays Molitor or Henderson from that era at?
    Dan
    dan

devon was a demon out there in centerfield.
    rickey henderson jays jerseys are an interesting thing. there's a lot of variation between his jays jerseys and i think prices would vary accordingly. henderson was traded to the jays on july 31, 1993. (basically as a hired gun to help them win the '93 world series). when he arrived, turner ward had #24 so henderson was temporarily issued #14. when mid/late-season callups/trades occurred with the jays in those days, they'd be issued spare jerseys that were tagged with just the year instead of the typical uniform number/year/set. so i'd have to think that when henderson arrived on july 31, he was given #14 jerseys with spare-style tagging. then on august 13, henderson paid turner ward $25k for #24. upon receiving #24, i'm not sure if the jays whipped up a couple of spare-tagged jerseys for him or if henderson/ward let the jays know ahead of time that the deal was brewing and to order some fully-tagged jerseys from wilson. from photos i've seen of henderson wearing #24, i could tell he was wearing fully-tagged jerseys. the nicest jays henderson gamer i ever saw was a fully tagged world series gamer. it was custom-hemmed. i'm guessing that one would go for $3500+.
    #14 henderson jays gamer - i'd want one only with spare tagging, no full tag. these were only worn for a few games before henderson got his #24. i'm guessing maybe around $2k.
    #24 henderson jays gamer - personally, i'd only want a fully-tagged version AND it'd have to show the custom hem. maybe around $3k.

his jays gamers might possibly go for more than his A's gamers simply because there are far fewer of them out there. unlike his mets, dodgers, and red sox gamers, henderson was still in his prime in 1993. the only year he played for the jays was 1993. 1993 jays gamers are substantially more difficult to find than early 90s A's gamers. even though rickey is an Athletic through and through, the complete lack of henderson jays gamers at a time when he was still considered in his prime would result in a premium for them. not to mention, henderson's clearly a first ballot HOF'er and will be inducted next year. as well, his jays gamers should come with jays certs which add substantially to the price over many the A's henderson shirts that are seen with no team certs or even player provenance.

henderson was custom hemming his tails during his yankees days and obviously when he was with the jays and yet i've never seen a single A's jersey of his with the custom hem. very, very odd.

as for molly, he played for the jays from 93-95 so there are more of his gamers out there than for henderson. i'm guessing one of his jays gamers would go for around $1600. heritage auctioned off a very nice 1995 molitor jays gamer that came straight from duane ward's personal collection. it had a personal inscription from molitor to ward. i don't remember what it sold for.

keep in mind i'm not a dealer so maybe my prices are off. at the end of the day, as a collector you pay whatever you feel you're comfortable with to acquire the item. if you want it badly enough, you'll pay more than someone who doesn't care for it as much.

rudy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sincityson View Post
    Nice jersey! By any chance would you know if that White jersey was from the 2001 auction the Jays had?
    i don't believe it came from the 2001 auction. i purchased it from a dealer in so.cal who purchased it from the jays.

rudy.

Just got these 3 game used jerseys from the Huntsville Stars. # 26 is angel salome and # 15 is alcides escobar. They are from this past season. Salome won the southern league batting title and Escobar just got his first big league hit today.

2006 Houston Astros jersey worn by Dave Borkowski with the 45 years of Houston Baseball patch. Autographed on the back.

Name:  Astros 001.jpg
Views: 3107
Size:  111.3 KB

Name:  Astros 002.jpg
Views: 1927
Size:  114.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    dan

devon was a demon out there in centerfield.
    rickey henderson jays jerseys are an interesting thing. there's a lot of variation between his jays jerseys and i think prices would vary accordingly. henderson was traded to the jays on july 31, 1993. (basically as a hired gun to help them win the '93 world series). when he arrived, turner ward had #24 so henderson was temporarily issued #14. when mid/late-season callups/trades occurred with the jays in those days, they'd be issued spare jerseys that were tagged with just the year instead of the typical uniform number/year/set. so i'd have to think that when henderson arrived on july 31, he was given #14 jerseys with spare-style tagging. then on august 13, henderson paid turner ward $25k for #24. upon receiving #24, i'm not sure if the jays whipped up a couple of spare-tagged jerseys for him or if henderson/ward let the jays know ahead of time that the deal was brewing and to order some fully-tagged jerseys from wilson. from photos i've seen of henderson wearing #24, i could tell he was wearing fully-tagged jerseys. the nicest jays henderson gamer i ever saw was a fully tagged world series gamer. it was custom-hemmed. i'm guessing that one would go for $3500+.
    #14 henderson jays gamer - i'd want one only with spare tagging, no full tag. these were only worn for a few games before henderson got his #24. i'm guessing maybe around $2k.
    #24 henderson jays gamer - personally, i'd only want a fully-tagged version AND it'd have to show the custom hem. maybe around $3k.

his jays gamers might possibly go for more than his A's gamers simply because there are far fewer of them out there. unlike his mets, dodgers, and red sox gamers, henderson was still in his prime in 1993. the only year he played for the jays was 1993. 1993 jays gamers are substantially more difficult to find than early 90s A's gamers. even though rickey is an Athletic through and through, the complete lack of henderson jays gamers at a time when he was still considered in his prime would result in a premium for them. not to mention, henderson's clearly a first ballot HOF'er and will be inducted next year. as well, his jays gamers should come with jays certs which add substantially to the price over many the A's henderson shirts that are seen with no team certs or even player provenance.

henderson was custom hemming his tails during his yankees days and obviously when he was with the jays and yet i've never seen a single A's jersey of his with the custom hem. very, very odd.

rudy.
    Rudy,
    I enjoyed reading your post in regards to your knowledge of Henderson gamers. Like yourself, I collect mainly Henderson A's, Yanks, and Jays jerseys and caps. Only seldom will I go after his later multiple team items. Of the many Rickey A's jerseys I've had over the years, I've only seen a few with a cut of the tail. I won't use the term, "custom hemmed" because it was a crude scissor cut just below the tagging probably made by Rickey himself. Most notably is a home white 1991. Not the ever present no wear 1991, Set 1's that you always see on Ebay and other auction sites. This one had serious wear and you could see the remnants of the 91 All-Star patch on the sleeve. Obviously he used it during and after the All Star game as well. A truly awesome gamer. Another cut jersey was a 82 Wilson number 35 jersey. The style with the letter "A" on the front. So they are out there. The good Yankee jerseys were always hemmed in the front. Some have a tapered tag. Some, but not all of his Seattle and Mets jerseys are cut. I wouldn't avoid a good Henderson shirt if it didn't have this tailoring however. And you're right, that Jays WS jersey is a beauty. Probably the one he was wearing on 2nd base when Joe Carter hit the winning HR. If you ever have any items to sell, please let me know. Again, thanks for the insight!
    Dan

2008 New York Mets jersey worn by Dave Borkowski with the Shea Stadium Final Season patch. LOA from the Mets

Name:  Mets 001.jpg
Views: 1826
Size:  109.0 KB

Name:  Mets 002.jpg
Views: 1785
Size:  109.3 KB

2007 San Francisco Giants jersey worn by Luis Figueroa with the Giants, 2007 All-Star Game and Rod Beck Tribute patches. LOA from the Giants.

Name:  Giants 001.jpg
Views: 3302
Size:  110.4 KB

Name:  Giants 002.jpg
Views: 2408
Size:  108.6 KB

Picked up three new game used bats:

Brent Gates - LVS H238
    Carlos Guillen - Rawlings Big Stick
    Carlos Guillen - Sam Bat (bat marked 05/26/06)

A couple of Rangers pick up

rangersstars@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Danny899 View Post
    ..Most notably is a home white 1991. Not the ever present no wear 1991, Set 1's that you always see on Ebay and other auction sites. This one had serious wear and you could see the remnants of the 91 All-Star patch on the sleeve. Obviously he used it during and after the All Star game as well. A truly awesome gamer...
    Dan
    hey dan

that '91 gamer sounds amazing. one thing i've always wondered about rickey's 90s gamers was what the proper size should be. i've seen 42s and 44s and i'm not sure which would be correct for 1990-93. any ideas? what size was your '91 gamer? also, i'm not sure if rickey took the same size in his 1990 and 1991 rawlings (a's) jerseys as he did in his 1992 and 1993 russells (a's) and 1993 wilson (jays). i imagine different brands fit slightly differently.

rudy.