Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Re: Jersey Display Cases

Anybody know where to get a mannequin with oak base, adjustable, that can display full uni if you want??

HENMICK ,I have a lifesize manequin that my English uncle used to dress up.He died recently and my aunt wants it out. She'll pay for shipping.You can have it for the Meintkiewicz.

Swoboda 4,

Do you mind telling me how you made those? Thanks a lot

Jake

Dumbleton.1@osu.edu

The manequins or the cases?
    First you go to a big chain craft store(high end, Michaels rather than AC Moore)and buy the largest dark red glass frame they sell(28 1/2" x 40")
    Throw away the backing and keep the frame and glass(or replace the glass with plexiglass from Home depot because its lighter and safer. The frame glass is fragile. Don't get plexiglass from a glass store they'll hit you over the head-60% cheaper at HomeDepot.Buy plexglass cutter,few dollars,score it 15 times w straightedge and snap it off on your kitchen table. Oh,Buy the frame on Sunday when there's a 40% off sale($23).

Next go to Home Depot buy four 2 1/8" x5/8x 45 " pine strips
    large sheet of thin(1/8") cabinet backing wood
    #18x 5/8" wire brads
    cut the pine strips making a frame(I used screws that I pre drilled the- holes and then attach backing wood hammering wire brads to hold. Open (1)can of Budweiser. Sand area where jersey will go against and remove burs.Buy flat black and paint entire frame and backing except back (not neccessary). When dry polyurethane(MINWAX polycrylic satin finish)so area is smooth so jersey doesn't catch. I use 2inch ALG steel screws instaed of hinges so nobody can open the case. Carefully drill ,matching the frame to the shadowbox you just made underneath. Open second (2) of bud. I attached double screw closed hook to each side and then match it to plastic anchors in the wall. and I think thats it use Screw eyes for top to hold modified short length hanger.
    I'm making another one tomorrow and I'll take pictures of each step and make a how to thread.

Wow that is museum quality..Awesome job

Quote Originally Posted by Swoboda4 View Post
    The south west corner of the family room is almost complete. All jersey cases homemade (Michael's craft store and of course Home Depot):

Quote Originally Posted by HENMICK44 View Post
    THANKS TFIG FOR THE MANNEQUIN TORSOS(MY WAX MUSEUM).JUST ORDERED TWO MORE.DON'T KNOW HOW I'M GOING TO DISPLAY THE MIENTKIEWICZ TBTC JERSEY AND PANTS YET. ANY IDEAS?
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR DOUG MIENTKIEWICZ AND PAUL ONEILL JERSEYS,BATS,HELMETS OR ODDBALL ITEMS. HENMICK44@OPTONLINE.NET

They look great lined up like that together! The others should be there shortly.

Tom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TFig27 - NY Yankees Collector
    A. Boone - R. Cano - N. Swisher - T. Martinez - P. O'Neill - E. Hinske
    J. Damon - R. Brogna - D. Bragg - W. Upshaw - K. Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by Swoboda4 View Post
    The manequins or the cases?
    First you go to a big chain craft store(high end, Michaels rather than AC Moore)and buy the largest dark red glass frame they sell(28 1/2" x 40")
    Throw away the backing and keep the frame and glass(or replace the glass with plexiglass from Home depot because its lighter and safer. The frame glass is fragile. Don't get plexiglass from a glass store they'll hit you over the head-60% cheaper at HomeDepot.Buy plexglass cutter,few dollars,score it 15 times w straightedge and snap it off on your kitchen table. Oh,Buy the frame on Sunday when there's a 40% off sale($23).

Next go to Home Depot buy four 2 1/8" x5/8x 45 " pine strips
    large sheet of thin(1/8") cabinet backing wood
    #18x 5/8" wire brads
    cut the pine strips making a frame(I used screws that I pre drilled the- holes and then attach backing wood hammering wire brads to hold. Open (1)can of Budweiser. Sand area where jersey will go against and remove burs.Buy flat black and paint entire frame and backing except back (not neccessary). When dry polyurethane(MINWAX polycrylic satin finish)so area is smooth so jersey doesn't catch. I use 2inch ALG steel screws instaed of hinges so nobody can open the case. Carefully drill ,matching the frame to the shadowbox you just made underneath. Open second (2) of bud. I attached double screw closed hook to each side and then match it to plastic anchors in the wall. and I think thats it use Screw eyes for top to hold modified short length hanger.
    I'm making another one tomorrow and I'll take pictures of each step and make a how to thread.
    Robert,

You are a master craftsman my friend. One important question: while building the case is it better to have a regular Bud or will a Bud Lite do?

David

Thanks Swoboda But You Can Keep That Mannequin.looks A Little To Weird To Put A Jersey On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Swoboda That Mannequin Looks Just Like My Friend Bart.how Much For It?????????

That mannequin looks just like my dad when I was a kid (face and body).

RK