Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Re: Jersey Display Cases

Joe -

Plexiglass was bought at Home Depot. You can purchase a single sheet which measures 36 X 48 for $23.00 and cut it down (which I did to see how it would work) but then I ordered a 5 pack and that comes 32 X 40 for $79.97 (so $15.00 each) which you still have to cut off 2 inches, but alot cheaper and less waste. Hope that helps

BIGSTIG

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSTIG View Post
    Joe -

Plexiglass was bought at Home Depot. You can purchase a single sheet which measures 36 X 48 for $23.00 and cut it down (which I did to see how it would work) but then I ordered a 5 pack and that comes 32 X 40 for $79.97 (so $15.00 each) which you still have to cut off 2 inches, but alot cheaper and less waste. Hope that helps

BIGSTIG

BIGSTIG,

Great displays! THanks for sharing.

What do you use to cut plexiglass?

Thanks
    David

David,

To cut the plexiglass (the thickness I am using .093 or comonly measured .100) you can use a utility knife (razorblade) you measure. mark. make a straight line and then score the line. (keep cutting over the line appx 6-8 times. When you have gotten deep enough you can snap over a straight edge such as a 2x4. It's simple. Believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSTIG View Post
    David,

To cut the plexiglass (the thickness I am using .093 or comonly measured .100) you can use a utility knife (razorblade) you measure. mark. make a straight line and then score the line. (keep cutting over the line appx 6-8 times. When you have gotten deep enough you can snap over a straight edge such as a 2x4. It's simple. Believe me.

BIGSTIG,

Thanks for the info. Your displays have inspired me to try setting up one!

-David

nice! how thick is the plexiglass and does it have any UV resistant properties?

also, for jerseys is it necessary to keep them in acid free environments?

metsbats-

GREAT, I am glad you like them. It is very easy to put together. The first one might take you about 1 hour or so, but if you end up doing 8 like I have, you get much faster!! This coming weekend I am going to do a number 9 for a Cubs flannel jersey I just bought, and if anyone can find me a SUTCLIFFE cubs jersey I would be able to make it an even 10!! Just had to throw it out there

costas-

The thickness of the plexiglass I chose to use is .093 also commonly called .100 (they round up)

costas -

sorry, but no UV resistant properties.
    I have no idea about keeping jerseys in acid free environments.

Quote Originally Posted by justncase View Post
    The profile cases look simple and were designed that way to not interfere with the jersey display. However they are more involved in the building of one than it appears. The approx. material cost per case is $180.00 plus a fair amount of time. Question to all.....How important are locks on a case to anyone out there?
    I think locks are an important issue. If I can talk my wife into letting me have jerseys displayed OUTSIDE of my sports room, they will have to have locks to keep kids out, etc.

justncase, regarding prices, I appreciate the heads up on costs. I doubt though, seriously, that anyone will use such a pricey case here. Way outta my league...

The south west corner of the family room is almost complete. All jersey cases homemade (Michael's craft store and of course Home Depot):

THANKS TFIG FOR THE MANNEQUIN TORSOS(MY WAX MUSEUM).JUST ORDERED TWO MORE.DON'T KNOW HOW I'M GOING TO DISPLAY THE MIENTKIEWICZ TBTC JERSEY AND PANTS YET. ANY IDEAS?
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR DOUG MIENTKIEWICZ AND PAUL ONEILL JERSEYS,BATS,HELMETS OR ODDBALL ITEMS. HENMICK44@OPTONLINE.NET