Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Re: Jersey Display Cases

More pictures...?

Also, anyone know how to get shipping info from Dave's Custom Cases in MN?? Prices are reasonable and a friend has his cases, but the guy won't answer an email to give me a shipping quote...

RK

Quote Originally Posted by justncase View Post
    Thought you might be interested in seeing the Profile display cases my Co. is about to market. The pat. pend. design is a full view curved glass and cabinet that allows a specially designed body form to show jersey front or back. Like your oppinions.
    As I mentioned, very attractive. However, received pricing and at near $700 a case I'll have to pass!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    As I mentioned, very attractive. However, received pricing and at near $700 a case I'll have to pass!!!

$700????? I'm sure we all here could get another nice piece to our collections for that amount. I'm sure there's a way we could build one of those cases for a fraction of the cost. Doesn't seem like too much costs in supplies would be needed; which is why I always BUILD my cases and holders

To hang my jerseys, I use a bent 1/4" aluminum round bar from Home Depot and a picture hanger hook. Total cost: About $3.50! They look great on the wall.

Her is what I do -

Walmart 5 shelf bookshelf natural or black mearures 19 1/2 X 72

Do not put in the upper shelf, and use that part to hang a jersey. That part measures (the inside) 28 1/2 X 39. To hang the jersey I have been using hangers, but now that thegoalie has posted I will be borrowing his idea thanks!!

As you can see more than enough room for a jersey, bat glove, cleats 8 X 10 photo etc.

Also you can choose to add plexiglass as I have on the Dawson, and now that I see how easy & cheap it is will be doing for all the rest of my "lockers" (if you are only buying one you will need to buy a 36 x 48 and cut down) (if you are going to need 5 or more you can special order a 5 pack which will be a lot cheaper and 32 X 40 - so not as much waste)

All you need to buy is velcro and put it in all 4 corners and in the middle on the top & bottom. This way you can remove the plexiglass when you want to add something.

Cost = CHEAP!! Shelf = $27.00 / Plexiglass = $15.00 / Velcro = $17.00 a roll (you can do 10 of these with one 15ft roll)

Total per unit = appx $45.00 + tax

Time = 45 minutes per
    Look = AWESOME - (well not as cool as harpts - but works for me)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    $700????? I'm sure we all here could get another nice piece to our collections for that amount. I'm sure there's a way we could build one of those cases for a fraction of the cost. Doesn't seem like too much costs in supplies would be needed; which is why I always BUILD my cases and holders
    The profile cases look simple and were designed that way to not interfere with the jersey display. However they are more involved in the building of one than it appears. The approx. material cost per case is $180.00 plus a fair amount of time. Question to all.....How important are locks on a case to anyone out there?

Quote Originally Posted by justncase View Post
    The profile cases look simple and were designed that way to not interfere with the jersey display. However they are more involved in the building of one than it appears. The approx. material cost per case is $180.00 plus a fair amount of time. Question to all.....How important are locks on a case to anyone out there?
    Ok, So how can you justify $520 in labor? I think if you want to sell to collector of this type you nead to be more flexible. You may actually sell some to the everyday collector. Would you rather sell one @ $700, or twenty @$350 ?? Quantity is the key. Everyone wins. Especially in this economy.
    Roger Ward- Thomecollector
    thomecollector@verizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by thomecollector View Post
    Ok, So how can you justify $520 in labor? I think if you want to sell to collector of this type you nead to be more flexible. You may actually sell some to the everyday collector. Would you rather sell one @ $700, or twenty @$350 ?? Quantity is the key. Everyone wins. Especially in this economy.
    When I posted this display case I just wanted everybodys oppion on how it looked. Wasn't trying to sell it to you. But you asked for info. Hopefully in the future we can get our cost down and make it more affordable to all. I appreciate your comments and enjoy all the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSTIG View Post
    Look = AWESOME
    I agree...this does look awesome
    Scott Harpt
    scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
    Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Hey Bigstig,

Where do you get the plexiglass?

Thanks!

Joe