Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Re: Jersey Display Cases

Quote Originally Posted by skinsfan0521 View Post
    That frame that is in your picture is offered at Michael's as a stock frame or is it one of the custom framing options?

I've had something custom framed by them before and it was NOT cheap. lol
    that one is from Hobby Lobby. it's just a generic jersey frame

they are on sale this week (50%) but they normally run this sale every other week. so if you go there and its not on sale, just wait a week and it will be.

or you could just use one of these coupons...

looking for anything from former Tampa Bay Buccaneer & current Jacksonville Jag Roy Miller

Oh, ok, thanks. I don't have a Hobby Lobby near me, but I do have a Michael's. I don't think that they have anything like that at all there though. I've looked there and AC Moore (another hobby/craft store) and I haven't ever seen a jersey frame like that on the shelves anywhere. I'll definitely check again next time I'm there though.

Thanks

they have some at Michaels too. they are 24x36 and reg price $99. they are in the display case section where the baseball and football cases are.

every other week they are 40% off.

plus if you sign up on their website, you can print off a 40% off coupon too.
    looking for anything from former Tampa Bay Buccaneer & current Jacksonville Jag Roy Miller

has anyone ever submitted their jersey and had it damaged/stolen? what are usually the store's protection policy against such incidents from happening?

Quote Originally Posted by mbenga28 View Post
    has anyone ever submitted their jersey and had it damaged/stolen? what are usually the store's protection policy against such incidents from happening?
    Basic answer is:
    The items that I had custom framed were football cards (have all of Chris Snee's RC -- including 1/1, etc) and I refused to submit them at the time of ordering the frame so they allowed me to bring them in later.

Long answer & my experience is:
    I honestly don't remember specifics of what their policy is for lost/stolen items because I didn't really get into it. Once they told me what the normal process is, I told them that I wasn't interested in the framing if that was part of the deal because some of these things are one of a kind items.

The way the custom framing is supposed to work is that you go and order the custom frame & matting and it takes like a week or two for that stuff to come into the store. Then, the employees will take your items and mat and frame them and then call you sometime in the next couple days after they get the supplies in. Normally, they want you to give them the items you are having framed right at the time of ordering and they keep them at the store for that entire time (2-3 weeks). I worked it out so they called me when they had the frame and mat and I went in and gave them my cards and they had it done in an hour or two and I went back in to pick the completed item.

neverfinished - So, I went to Michael's tonight looking for one of those and didn't find anything. But, now that I look at your pictures again, I may have misunderstood what it was that you bought... Is that a shadowbox and you have some custom matting inside it that you bought separately?

At first, I was under the impression that you bought that entire thing from a store shelf, but I think I was wrong. lol

Please let me know. Thanks again!

-Brian

neverfinished - So, I went to Michael's tonight looking for one of those and didn't find anything. But, now that I look at your pictures again, I may have misunderstood what it was that you bought... Is that a shadowbox and you have some custom matting inside it that you bought separately?

At first, I was under the impression that you bought that entire thing from a store shelf, but I think I was wrong. lol

Please let me know. Thanks again!

-Brian
    yes, it is pretty much a shadowbox. i bought the matting separately. i will take a pic of one at hobby lobby and the one that i am talking about at Michaels. here's a pic of a couple of my other jerseys framed.

Ok, gotcha. I know the shadowboxes you're talking about now.

Where did you get the matting? Custom from Michaels or someplace else? Also, did you put the jerseys on the matting yourself or did they do it for you?

Thanks a lot for all your help and information!

-Brian

Ok, gotcha. I know the shadowboxes you're talking about now.

Where did you get the matting? Custom from Michaels or someplace else? Also, did you put the jerseys on the matting yourself or did they do it for you?

Thanks a lot for all your help and information!

-Brian
    i got the matting from Hobby Lobby and they cut it for me. every other week it is 50% off. my wife put the jersey on the matting.

completely forgot to check back ... thank you anyway

picked up 2 of these for $122 shipped. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

only 30% uv protection.. I don't know if that's terrible or not considering that they won't be sitting in direct sunlight anyway.