Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Jays1fan

Re: Jersey Display Cases

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSTIG View Post
    Her is what I do -

Walmart 5 shelf bookshelf natural or black mearures 19 1/2 X 72

Do not put in the upper shelf, and use that part to hang a jersey. That part measures (the inside) 28 1/2 X 39. To hang the jersey I have been using hangers, but now that thegoalie has posted I will be borrowing his idea thanks!!

As you can see more than enough room for a jersey, bat glove, cleats 8 X 10 photo etc.

Cost = CHEAP!! Shelf = $27.00 / Plexiglass = $15.00 / Velcro = $17.00 a roll (you can do 10 of these with one 15ft roll)

Total per unit = appx $45.00 + tax

Time = 45 minutes per
    Look = AWESOME - (well not as cool as harpts - but works for me)
    BigStig ,

Very nice ! I have a couple of questions for you.
    You stated the Size of these Book Cases are 19 1/2 x 72 ? Did you mean 29 1/2 x 72 ?? Later you state the Inside part for the Jersey is 28 1/2 x 39 so I wanted to be sure. I went to Walmart and they had nothing for $27.00 but I have seen the 29 1/2 x 72 bookcases for about $40 elsewhere. How long ago did you purchase your last one ? Walmart.com doesnt have anything that size for that price. Were they close-outs at your local walmart ?
    Also, do you have any new pics with the bent rods instead of hangers ?
    thanks
    scott

Scott,

I did mean 29 1/2 NOT 19 1/2 Sorry. As for the unit, here is a link for the item. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5223522
    Online it says $39.72 but at the local Walmart near me - Niles, IL they are $29.00 I have bought them 4 different times and 3 times they were $27.00 and 1 time $29.00 I have not had a chance to do the rod yet, but plan on it this coming weekend. So I will post pics then.

Jays1fan

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSTIG View Post
    Scott,

I did mean 29 1/2 NOT 19 1/2 Sorry. As for the unit, here is a link for the item. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5223522
    Online it says $39.72 but at the local Walmart near me - Niles, IL they are $29.00 I have bought them 4 different times and 3 times they were $27.00 and 1 time $29.00 I have not had a chance to do the rod yet, but plan on it this coming weekend. So I will post pics then.
    Thanks for the Info. Unfortunately , my local walmart does not carry them. But will keep an eye out for others in that price range. Great idea !
    I look forward to seeing your pics with the bent rods.

I made 3 this weekend....

word of advise, you can buy the plexiglass at Home Depot and then I took it to Ace Hardware and had then cut it. I tried cutting the first 1 myself and did a bad job. I found a way to cover it up though with a hockey stick, but the kid at Ace did a way better job than I did...overall they look really good

Thanks for sharing this idea!!!!

Worldchamps - I would like to see some pics if you have any!! As for the cutting of the plexiglass, you NEED to make sure you score it deep enough before you snap off the extra part or it will crack.

Jays1fan

Quote Originally Posted by harpt View Post
    I have to get some better lighting in my basement, but these pics will have to do. I just built seven "lockers" in my basement. I just framed them up with 2x4's and then used tongue and groove (pine) carsiding...just like the cieling. I think it ended up looking pretty cool. Easy to do and relatively inexpensive.
    What are the Inside Demensions on your lockers ?
    thanks,
    Scott

It is a black frame and has four lights on it, two on top and two on bottom. The name of the player is etched into the plexi too with a soccer player.

Quote Originally Posted by John Morrison View Post

It is a black frame and has four lights on it, two on top and two on bottom. The name of the player is etched into the plexi too with a soccer player.
    Very cool John.

Is that one of those Timberland cases like on ebay ??
    Roger Ward- Thomecollector
    thomecollector@verizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by thomecollector View Post
    Is that one of those Timberland cases like on ebay ??
    Yes, it is a timberland case. It is pretty nice. It is solid and has a lock too. I bought three and really dig 'em