Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Re: Jersey Display Cases

Thanks guys,

I want to avoid putting pins in it if I can. I might just get the same $70.00 display as my other jersey.

My 06 Game Used Mussina Jersey Has Just Come Back From The Framers and is currently sitting with my Mom back home in Illinois (A present for the both of us.) We were able to photomatch it to the June 25th Game were Moose struck out his 2500 batter (thats the photo in the corner of the frame.) Very happy with it!

Nice.

On a side note, in another thread I've listed that I've had no communication with the folks at Timberland. My case was supposedly in production as of Dec 29. Here it is March 13 and even their auctions on ebay do not garner a response. I've yet to understand this type of sales/marketing technique.

Ignoring a customer with $200 in his hand must be a new marketing tool. Anybody else have success with this method??????????????????
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Showed this one a while ago but I am waiting for my Warren Sapp jersey to get back(hopefully this week). Had them done at Aaron Brothers with a guy that specializes in jerseys). Will post photos of the Sapp as soon as I get it back!

I came across this thread in searching for the best markers/pens to use for getting a hockey jersey signed.

While it isnt game used or a jersey below is a picture of the display I was able to put together with pucks from last year Blackhawks Convention along with the bag they handed out and the pass for the weekend.

Required a frame from Michaels which I think was $50 but there was the 50% off coupon and some velcro... the rest was just elbow grease. Considering the pucks cost $2 each and the frame and velcro ran no more than $30 after tax I think it turned out nicely.

ps. If anyone has insight on what kind of markers would be best for obtaining autographs on a multi-colored jersey (pictured in link) please response to my other post linked here: http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum2/showthread.php?p=2337#post2337

wow thats amazing scott. wish i had the carpenter skills
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by harpt View Post
    I have to get some better lighting in my basement, but these pics will have to do. I just built seven "lockers" in my basement. I just framed them up with 2x4's and then used tongue and groove (pine) carsiding...just like the cieling. I think it ended up looking pretty cool. Easy to do and relatively inexpensive.
    redo. needs some context. amazing job scott.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

I just built my first case, I think it has turned out good so far. Need to finish a couple of things, I started my own thread. I was thinking of posting a how to, and material list in that thread if anyone is interested. Comments?

Here's the link to the other thread.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=24225
    Attached Images Attached Images   

just got my SApp back.....turned out nice. Junior Seau is next up!!!

Great work on all the frames in here guys.
    Ive been looking for something for my Jersey but I'm having an issue because everything I see is to short in length. I like the Caseworks frame but the length is only 39 inches long on the inside and the jersey needs about 40 inches. Does anyone have any ideas? I went to Michael's and they will build a custom shadow display for about 350$ they recommend not to frame it up against the glass. any help?

Regards
    Mike