Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Re: Jersey Display Cases

$30 Ikea frames + $5 mats from A.C. Moore:

$200 Caseworks Frame:

Never thought about using Ikea for frames. Completely forgot about them.

Metsfan - Were those Ikea frames easy to hang? I purchased a cheap version from Hobby Lobby once, and it was not the best quality.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    Looking for John Morrison to provide info on Timberline please!!

RK

Sorry, I haven't logged in for a bit. The e-bay name is sportscases Or at least that is where I bought mine from. Hope this helps!

bow down to the king!!!...wow,that is the most impressive display ive ever seen...i am so jealous
    Quote Originally Posted by harpt View Post
    I have to get some better lighting in my basement, but these pics will have to do. I just built seven "lockers" in my basement. I just framed them up with 2x4's and then used tongue and groove (pine) carsiding...just like the cieling. I think it ended up looking pretty cool. Easy to do and relatively inexpensive.

Quote Originally Posted by AWA85 View Post
    Metsfan - Were those Ikea frames easy to hang? I purchased a cheap version from Hobby Lobby once, and it was not the best quality.
    They are very easy to hang, they come with two little brackets that go attached to the back panel of the frame and a wire that you attach to the brackets. Put up a hook or a screw on the wall and you are all set.

The quality is not bad. Most of the frames were purchased about 2 years ago and they are solid wood they are very sturdy and the quality was great. The new ones I purchased recently are made of compressed wood but they are still OK, once they are up on tha wall they look just as good as the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Metsfan808 View Post
    They are very easy to hang, they come with two little brackets that go attached to the back panel of the frame and a wire that you attach to the brackets. Put up a hook or a screw on the wall and you are all set.

The quality is not bad. Most of the frames were purchased about 2 years ago and they are solid wood they are very sturdy and the quality was great. The new ones I purchased recently are made of compressed wood but they are still OK, once they are up on tha wall they look just as good as the others.
    Hey Metsfan,

I have a frame like this and just bought a new jersey. Did you do anything to hold the jersey to the mat or is it just pressure between the glass and mat? Thanks!

Joe

The jersey over time would be ok like that??If it's pressed against the glass/plexi glass..
    Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

Quote Originally Posted by cigarman44 View Post
    Hey Metsfan,

I have a frame like this and just bought a new jersey. Did you do anything to hold the jersey to the mat or is it just pressure between the glass and mat? Thanks!

Joe
    The jerseys are pinned to the mat with regular tailor pins. I tap them through the jersey on to the mat and then bend them with a needle nose plier on the back of the mat. I used to just have them pressed on but if you look at the Alfonzo jersey they start to drop and wrinkle after a while. I was talking to the counter guy at a local Michael's store and he suggested that I pin the jersey to the mat, it has worked well for me so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Metsfan808 View Post
    The jerseys are pinned to the mat with regular tailor pins. I tap them through the jersey on to the mat and then bend them with a needle nose plier on the back of the mat. I used to just have them pressed on but if you look at the Alfonzo jersey they start to drop and wrinkle after a while. I was talking to the counter guy at a local Michael's store and he suggested that I pin the jersey to the mat, it has worked well for me so far.
    I think the pins work great for jerseys and batting gloves. Other people worry about having a hole in the item.